I have had no luck getting voice signal to work on my BB. I even swapped the unit for a new one after chatting with Tech Support. I know is isn't my voice because it works fine with a Motorola phone I have which has the same software. I have reset the BB and that doesn't help. Tech support at BB were useless. They suggested altering the sensitivity settings. None worked. I have fewer than 3000 contact ( way fewer). Any ideas please?
    02-12-08 10:56 AM
    lol...after trying relentlessly to use the Voice Commands, I have come to the conclusion that I obviously have a speech impediment.

the only commands I can get to work flawlessly are: calling customer service, voicemail, battery status (learned this while trying to call a contact), and stating the entire phone number (too bad I don't have each of my 100+ contacts' number memorized).

I previously had a Windows Mobile 6 equipped Dash that I had the same problems withas it is either the same/similar program. Prior to that I had a Windows Mobile 5 equipped Dash that allowed you to record your own voice tags. It worked without any problems what so ever.
    Last edited by conmetal; 02-12-08 at 09:36 PM.
    02-12-08 09:32 PM
    lol...after trying relentlessly to use the Voice Commands, I have come to the conclusion that I obviously have a speech impediment.
    LMAO...I agree. I jacked with that and jacked with that. I finally got it to work a few times. I think it is much easier to start typing the name and then hit send. That stupid thing can't even guess close to what I am saying. I say "Call Jennifer Home" and it thinks I said "Call John Doe".
    02-12-08 09:38 PM
    does the 8130 and the 83xx's use the same voice dialing application? because my 8130 has surprisingly good voice recognition.
    02-12-08 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD