It appears with ATT my 8310 does not come with a voice note option where I can simply push a button, talk-record, save to device, then play back. I read somewhere in a thread that someone has note2self, obviously 3rd party software.

But am I missing an application? Is send voice note something tiotally different?

Thanks
    01-15-09 09:28 PM
    You have to upgrade to OS 4.5 to get the Voice Note Recorder app otherwise send voice note is all you get
    01-15-09 10:51 PM
    Thanks Crippler...
    Can I assume this is free from the Blacberry site, or is it available to me from this site somewhere? Really new to this stuff...bloggin' and threadin' too!
    01-16-09 07:13 AM
    It comes as part of the OS 4.5 upgrade.

AT&T BlackBerry Software

For install instruction to load any carrier 8310 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    7. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

You can skip step 2 if you like.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-16-09 at 07:22 AM.
    01-16-09 07:18 AM
    Hopefully you got the reply above this one before I got back here today but yes indeed it is a free upgrade to os 4.5 and the instructions in the post above are good
    01-19-09 07:50 PM
    I'm a newbie, and I love this site. Thanks for the info
    01-28-09 03:26 PM
    I completed the upgrade, and I'm unable to send recorded voice notes
    01-29-09 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD