I usually record lectures with my ipod but battery life on it quits after 40 minutes. I was wondering if anyone has used the curve to record voice lectures. What's the longest anyone has used to record a voice note? I set my storage on my 4gb media card so will it record as long as my memory is okay or is there a limited amount of time preset for voice recordings? Thanks guys and gals!
    09-21-08 02:40 PM
    bump an answer?
    09-21-08 03:29 PM
    I have a prog called VR+ that seems to record for a long time. I got the "free" version before they went to a 7 day trial but the price is not bad if there's a real need. I never timed it but I think I have gone as long as 20 minutes. You may want to verify with the publishers if there is an upper limit on recordings. It has some other nice features like auto-recording when you start the app, sending as Email attachment and auto publishing on the web.
    09-26-08 01:50 PM
    I don't know if there is a limit on the length of one voicenote, but I know I can record 1 hour 40 minutes on one battery. In fact, here is what I did yesterday...

I was inspecting houses in a desert community. My VZW connection was never better than -100dB, usually -107 or worse. I pulled the phone off the charger at 6am and drove to the site. I was using my Plantronics 510 as a mic so I didn't have to hold the Curve up to my face to talk. At 4 in the afternoon, after 38 minutes of phone calls and about 40 PIN or email messages (sent or received), and after 1 hour and 41 minutes of voice notes, I was down to 15% on the battery and didn't want it to run out before I finished. So I switched it out with my spare.

You might e able to stretch it to 3 hours or more of voice recording if you tried (and didn't use the bluetooth earpiece).

BTW, this didn't even put a dent in my 8gb card.
    09-26-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD