I just recently brought my dad and step mom over to the dark(bb)AWESOME side and convinced them to both get 8330 Curves with Verizion (they wanted sprint, but they are under contract for another year ) Anyways... My dad was all stoked on the voice notes thing like it was the greatest invention in the world.

So my step mom thought itd be cool for like grocery lists and stuff, but when she records a note and tries to play it back it says : format not supported. It won't even save the voicenote to the phone or anything.
    She does have the latest OS and I've done the soft reset and battery pull thing.

Still dosent work. Anyone knows what's up?
    I don't think its a dealbreaker for her, but I want her BB to be perfect! And I already fixed up all ther themes and stuff, so I'd rather not trade it in or anything...

So anywaysssss. Help please?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 10:58 PM
    If you had the power on when you pulled the battery that would be the correct hard reset procedure.

As far as not wanting to trade it in for a new phone... Use Desktop Manager to make a backup, get the new phone, then do a restore. All contacts, apps and themes will be restored.

This problem if not solved by the battery pull sounds OS related (software). So I'd recommend exchanginf the phone, because you probably don't want to wipe the OS and reload it, do you?

03-05-09 11:19 PM
    I've done a battery pull numerous times.

Yeah I know I could back up the phone and get a new one. Verizion CS sucks bigtime.
    It took two hours just to buy their other phones.

I was wondering if there was a simple fix, but I guess whe will be voise noteless, lol.
    Thanks anyways.

03-06-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD