When I did my research on PhoneScoop, I was looking for a phone that had a Voice Memo application. PhoneScoop, and all other sites that list the features of the Curve, say that it has Voice Memo. That's not quite true. It has voice memo capability, but it does not have a voice memo application. I wonder if I'm the only one misled by that.

In a review, I read this:

"Voice Memo (1.0)
    The Curve follows in the strange BlackBerry tradition of only allowing you to record voice notes for others. Most normal phones have a voice memo program, let alone smart phones, but the Curve only lets you record your own voice if you're attaching it in an MMS. The inclusion of such a limited voice recording program is baffling."

I couldn't agree more. It's wrong of review sites to say it has voice memo (implying a built in app) when it doesn't, and it's even weirder that BB would omit this key feature.
    06-03-08 11:19 AM
    I had a TREO ( which I loved ) and bought the Audacity voice memo software.

That voice memo software was the best purchase I ever made. The recordings were easy to make, synced easily. Could be started with the one-touch side button. Could be cut and pasted right from my desktop. Save automatically as WAV files so they could be emailed etc, etc.

Anyway... now that I have switched to the Curve I have yet to try and load Audacity...but from someone else who likes "voice memo" you cannot go wrong.

07-07-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD