I use my BB as my alarm every morning, and for the second day in a row, I woke up late (this time, missing class) to see that during the night, the voice dialing had activated. It says that it is scanning the address book, and to please wait, but it seems to be stuck at 0%. The problem is that the alarm does not go off while this is happening, and it also freezes up the phone. Has anyone else had this issue? I like using the voice dialing while driving so I don't have to constantly look at the phone, so I really want to avoid deleting it if I can. Also, this did not happen until I upgraded to the 4.5 OS, which is weird because I did it almost a week ago, and this started yesterday.
    10-02-08 10:00 AM
    Are you using bluetooth. ??
    10-02-08 10:04 AM
    No, bluetooth is not activated or anything, day or night.
    10-02-08 10:08 AM
    Hmm. Well i read about this somewhere in the forum. And i think he said it had something to do with his bluetooth. Let me search around for the post and ill Pm u the link.
    10-02-08 10:13 AM
    I had the same problem this morning.

No bluetooth as well

It was locked up at 0% scanning address back

I am using the .77 beta
    10-03-08 09:31 AM
    Everybody seems to be having this propblem. My girlfriend and I have the same curve with Sprint and we both have to pull batery. Yet officially there does not seem to ba a problem. No answers anywhere.
    09-11-09 01:38 AM
    What happens if you remove VAD (Voice Activated Dialing) from your BB using CrackMem, Shrink a OS, or manually remove the vad.cod files from your Java folder then have apploader remove VAD from your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 02:05 AM
    I removed VAD with Maxmem some time ago. It never functioned correctly for me, whether via Bluetooth or mic.

Used Vlingo for a little while, but canned it because of the necessity to slave a convenience key to use it, also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 03:30 AM
    I have the same problem. Called Verizon and they quoted from your website. Duh. They also told me to download the latest BB software. Didn't help.
    10-19-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD