Hi all,

I received a new 8310 last Friday. I have finally been able to configure BIS on the thing. Problem is, there are a few problems I'm having:

1) The only option to configure email accounts appears to be in the Setup Wizard. When you get to the Email Setup screen, the only options which appear are "I want to use a work email account with BES" and "I want to skip email setup". Looking at these boards, it seems that people are often directed to a "PersonalEMailSetUp" icon or application. I have no such Icon, is it likely that Vodafone have removed it? If so, how do I get it to appear so that I can use other email types than the BIS? I have already checked and it's not hidden.

2) There's a really useless Icon called Vodafone Live which is (as far as I can tell) a copy of the browser tied to VFs own Live page. That is, it has that set as the home page and you can't change it. I also couldn't change the home page or any of the settings on the BB Browser. I deleted the Service Book called VFLive and suddenly all the options were available to me in the BB Browser! Which was great. Also the VF Live Icon disappeared, which was also great. But on restarting the VF Live icon has returned. Although I still seem to have access to the Browser options on the main copy of the app, so that's good. The VFLive service book is there again too, and while I've hidden the Icon, I'd rather not have the useless thing cluttering up my device.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think VF have tampered with the software on this device to lock it down so that people have fewer options available to them. I want to rid myself of this and use something as close to the factory default apps for my BB. How does one achieve this? I keep reading something about deleting a vendor.xml file and doing some kind of upgrade, but I have no idea what that's about. I'd appreciate someone pointing me to some info on this so I can get this sorted.

The 8310 seems to have so much potential, if I can just get it working it I'll be very happy...
    11-19-07 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD