hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Curve 8310. It's a Vodafone refurb that someone is selling, they have only used it to test it works and they claim the PIN has not been registered etc.

I ideally want to use an O2 PAYG sim on it so of course I'm going to get the phone unlocked.

My question is are they are any issues with trying to register the phone/activate the PIN, etc onto a different network? Since the phone is originally from Vodafone UK?

Thanks guys!
    05-01-09 08:01 AM
    I have seen this done, but I would call your carrier and ask then if they will activate on their network.
    05-01-09 08:05 AM
    thanks for the reply lastraid.

Another query, are BB PIN numbers locked to networks? Since I want to be able to use BBM and of course send and receive email on it.
    05-01-09 08:13 AM
    No they are not, but you want to make sure that the PIN for the prior owner has been released menaing, they have put another BB device on their BIS account or deleted it. If they have not the system will it registered and you will not be able to set up email
    05-01-09 08:25 AM
    Hi

You will not get the Blackberry features working on a pay go sim with o2. o2 reguires you to have a pay monthly plan.

The best and cheapest pay monthly plan on o2 is the simplicity sim. Get the �20 (or higher) simpliciy sim and the blackberry bolt on will be free. On a lower cost one the Blackberry bolt on is �10. The simplicity sim is only a 30 day rolling contract.

Orange UK do have a pay and go service for blackberry if you would prefer that.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:32 AM
    cheers guys!

@ Hazysky, would it not be possible to use one of the O2 iphone PAYG sims that are available off ebay for a few quid? They offer free data for 12 months with an initial �10 top-up? If not then I will look at Orange.

Also is it possible to debrand the software on the phone (I'm presuming the 8310 will be Voda branded).
    05-01-09 08:38 AM
    The pay and go sim's only get you generic data, to use that on a BB you would need a 3rd party browser installed and o2 APN settings. This will NOT get you blackberry email, Blackberry browser or BBM.

You must get a blackberry specific plan.

You can put any network's Operating system software on the phone providing you remove the vendor.xml file from the download first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD