hi everyone - noob here. can anyone tell me why i have problems syncing with DTM 4.5? My computer wants to read the memory card via the usb cable at the same time the DTM wants to connect. I'm sure it's probably a setting on the BB or PC, but it hurts my head to think too much about it. I have 4.2 os on the BB if that makes a difference.
    thanks in advance
    Tiny
    08-11-08 01:01 PM
    Welcome to CB. When you connect your BB it will ask you if you want to use mass storage mode, not sure of the OS you running as I haven't had any BB devices with such low OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 01:05 PM
    thanks for the welcome. when it asks if i want to use mass storage mode do i reply yes or no? both the drive and DTM were trying to connect with the bb at the same time and it seemed like an endless cycle(like a tic tac toe game). i had to downgrade to 4.3 to see if that would make a difference but i haven't had time to sync it yet.
    08-11-08 01:36 PM
    I've always said YES to mass storage mode (and I also check "don't ask this again" but you may want to wait on that to see how you want to use it), then when the box asks what to do with the removable media, I scroll down to "open folder to view files". (This is how I prefer to access the media card rather than use media manager.)

Then, you can minimize the window containing your media files (blackberry -> music, ringtones, videos, pictures) and concentrate on using DM and go back to it later.
    08-11-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD