I just got the bulk of my Tasks & Memos imported to my new Curve 8330 from an old Palm M105.

Now I see there's no desktop means by which to access either the Tasks OR the Memos in Vista or the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Any other Vista users who've dealt with this and solved it?

I don't have Outlook (nor do I particularly want it) but would like to use something on the desktop occasionally to update/edit the items in the Tasks & Memos . . .
    01-03-09 11:24 AM
    I have vista (and hate it) and I have had the same problem. I researched and found that Outlook was the best solution for me. You will need to update your tasks and memos in Outlook and then run DM. If you find a better solution, let me know. Good luck.
    01-03-09 11:28 AM
    // edit
    I didn't mean for my response to driphter below to imply that I was happy with nothing at all -- just that I was currently happy not having Outlook.

I can't imagine there's absolutely nothing for Vista users who use the BB as a personal device and don't want to invest in MS Office for the sake of Outlook which they might not want/need.

Really, folks -- is there *nothing* else for Vista users?

// end edit

My gut tells me I already have a better solution (no Outlook at all) but if I find something still better, I'll pass it on.

Thanks for the perspective, driphter!
    Last edited by MrAnalogy; 01-03-09 at 12:29 PM.
    01-03-09 11:32 AM
    Anyone else found a way around Outlook as the means to access these items on the Vista Desktop?
    01-03-09 06:04 PM
    Here is a suggestion (from another Palm user that loved Palm Desktop): why don't you use web based applications?

I use Google Calendar and RTM. Both sync with the BB wirelessly. Both allow me to have the desktop feel (albeit with the necessary internet connection).

And then you have the added advantage of being able to access your "desktop" from any computer with internet access. In that regard, your precious data is not subject to the capricious whims of one computer.

In my mind, the capability to sync my tasks with web based apps has actually become a strength.
    01-03-09 06:49 PM
    Here is a suggestion (from another Palm user that loved Palm Desktop): why don't you use web based applications?

<<>>

In my mind, the capability to sync my tasks with web based apps has actually become a strength.
    trelawrence -- that's the best idea I wish I'd had in ages!

Thanks for mentioning it -- I just minutes ago saw mention of Google Notebook in another thread and sent myself an email to check into it so i wouldn't forget. Then I come to peek in on this one and there's your answer ... perfect timing !

Thanks again!
    01-03-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD