Being new to the whole BB thing and attempting, but failing, to view videos on my phone, is there a secret? Is there an app that I need to download? I can't seem to be able to watch any videos (either attachments from email or directly from a website--download or streaming). It doesn't matter if it is on YouTube, Xtube, MyTube, BlueTube or any tube...I keep getting an error message--something like: "Format not compatible with player".

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
    08-03-09 06:25 AM
    Hi

I have been having trouble with this for the last 24 hours. Two days ago I was able to view video fine from youtube, etc. I'm wondering if its a temporary glitch or if there are special settings that I have to enable. I'm getting an ERROR message that says "unsupported format for player" any info would be helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:00 AM
    Well al least here in Mexico, the Blackberry internet service wont load tube videos, so you have to specify the apn direction of your carrier in the phone options, which in mexico is internet.itelcel.com
    08-03-09 01:05 PM
    You can view YouTube videos at m.youtube.com.

And videos that use Flash will not be able be able to be viewed on the BlackBerry currently.

Note that the YouTube mobile site is wonky. Sometimes the videos play and sometimes they don't.
    08-03-09 06:06 PM
    I usually watch video clips from Vuclip.com. It works great, plus you can download clips

08-03-09 06:07 PM
    I had the same problem today every youtube video displayed unsupported media I went in to my setting and changed the image quality to medium and videos started working you may try that it worked for me hope this helps.

08-03-09 08:39 PM
    does anybody know if there's a youtube app for the bb yet?
    08-04-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD