Hi!

In my office I have to plug in my BB somewhere else a bit far from my place (where the plugs are) but it has wifi, so I was wondering if there was something similar like the iPhone has (veency) to view (like BBSAK) or control (like veency) my BB from my PC through wifi - or bluetooth, I don't care.

Is it possible to do so? I don't mind installing custom firmware, as long as I can have that feature.

Thanks in advance!

- DARKGuy
    09-27-10 10:02 AM
    Is there a reason that you aren't just plugging your BlackBerry directly into your computer?
    09-27-10 10:46 AM
    Yes as Mama has said, bring the usb cable with you and plug it directly into your PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 10:48 AM
    Is there a reason that you aren't just plugging your BlackBerry directly into your computer?
    I just stated it before: the plugs are far from my desk and I have to stand up everytime I want to check what's up.

Yes as Mama has said, bring the usb cable with you and plug it directly into your PC

That could work, but if I had done so I wouldn't be asking here :P. Also, a charger is faster than the USB cable.
    09-27-10 12:04 PM
    I think your looking for "VNC" or Virtual Network Computing
    There are apps out there but that's more of a control your pc from blackberry but it might work the other way. Your bigest problem would be working out security issues if this is for a work network.
    I've set this up on other mobile devices but have not tried it on the blackberry.
    There are pay solutions and I'd be willing to bet there are free ones just depends on your technical skill level, your network administrative / security rights on your work computer, and the amount of time you have to set it up.

Google "VNC for blackberry" to get started

09-27-10 12:41 PM
    I think your looking for "VNC" or Virtual Network Computing
    There are apps out there but that's more of a control your pc from blackberry but it might work the other way. Your bigest problem would be working out security issues if this is for a work network.
    I've set this up on other mobile devices but have not tried it on the blackberry.
    There are pay solutions and I'd be willing to bet there are free ones just depends on your technical skill level, your network administrative / security rights on your work computer, and the amount of time you have to set it up.

Google "VNC for blackberry" to get started

Yes, I'm looking for VNC, but my BB as a server so I can log in from my computer. I have control on the network I'm on, so that shouldn't be an issue :P

Is that possible? like Veency? Veency is VNC -for- iPhone, not -from- iPhone, so that you could see your iPhone screen on your PC. I want that for BB.
    09-27-10 12:51 PM
    Was just thinking they sell usb extension cables LOL I have one here on my desk its only like 5' but I bet u could get longer or maybe look into building 1

this might help
    Viewing Blackberry on PC Screen - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Last edited by lysergic; 09-27-10 at 01:23 PM.
    09-27-10 01:15 PM
    Was just thinking they sell usb extension cables LOL I have one here on my desk its only like 5' but I bet u could get longer or maybe look into building 1

this might help Viewing Blackberry on PC Screen - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Well, if I could use a cable I would have already, since I have one like that here too. My request was to see it through wifi, not having the phone connected through USB cable :P
    09-27-10 05:09 PM
    I "get" that that's what your "request" is, but I was just wondering what the reason was that you can't (or don't want to) connect the device directly to the computer.

Which Curve model do you have?
    09-27-10 06:33 PM
    I "get" that that's what your "request" is, but I was just wondering what the reason was that you can't (or don't want to) connect the device directly to the computer.

Which Curve model do you have?
    As I said earlier, because the power outlets are too far from my desk and the ones where my computer is on are all full.

8320 :P
    09-27-10 06:42 PM
    Ok. But you can charge the BlackBerry by plugging it in to the USB port of the computer.

That's what I am asking. Why can't (or why don't) you just plug the BlackBerry DIRECTLY into the computer? Not a power outlet.
    09-28-10 07:36 PM
    Ok. But you can charge the BlackBerry by plugging it in to the USB port of the computer.

That's what I am asking. Why can't (or why don't) you just plug the BlackBerry DIRECTLY into the computer? Not a power outlet.
    I know that. But again, to quote myself:

a charger is faster than the USB cable.
    Thing is, I'm asking A, and receiving 1,2,3 as reply when I should be getting B,C,D. Again, I'm not dumb. If I could (or want to) do that, I wouldn't be asking here.
    09-28-10 07:44 PM
    But it's not appreciably faster.

You are trying to make it way too complicated.

Good luck though. Perhaps you will find a way to control a BlackBerry remotely over WiFi, but I've never seen such a thing.
    09-29-10 05:26 PM
    Sounds like he wants to control somebody else's phone. Not his own! But what do I know?

10-05-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD