I am unable to view attachments on my bb curve 8330. PLEASE HELP! There has to be a way to view these documents. When I click on the attachment the option to view is not there. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Ok so now I have been doing more research and I realize that I am not the only one having a problem with this. I have tried all of the things that I could find to do but nothing seems to work. I am also getting the message that says that the black berry desktop softwared does not have blackberry device software for the device that you ahve connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    I am not sure what that means but all I know is that I cannot view my attachments for work. If this is the case this is a big problem!! BTW Verison is my carrier. Please if anyone can help let me know. I have been on here for hours trying to figure this out!
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by close2crazy; 06-09-08 at 04:13 AM. Reason: More information
    06-09-08 02:50 AM
    I found the same problem but thankfully I can open MOST attachments. If the file (or picture) is too large it will not open. I don't seem to have that too often. Click the menu key and it will have the "open attachment" option.
    06-09-08 05:51 AM
    Ok, so now I have been doing more research, and I realize that I am not the only one having a problem with this. I have tried all of the things that I could find to do but nothing seems to work. I am also getting the message that says that the BlackBerry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer.
    This means you do not have the Operating System for your phone installed on the PC you are connecting to. you can get it here

Follow the instructions in post #1 and you should be all set.

As to the attachment issue, once you install the OS, open DM, connect your BB, click application loader and put a check in the attachment service box and continue through til finished.
    06-09-08 06:17 AM
    The only thing I am able to open is PDF files, but it takes a little bit of zoom and enhancing to be able to read it. Pain in the **** if there is more than one page. Hopefully someone can get a great not just good a great program to be able to use the BB. If it is suppose to be the ultimate business phone, i thought this would be one of the things they would dominate in. If someone knows of "great" software, let me know. Thanks
    06-09-08 06:28 AM
    The only thing I am able to open is PDF files, but it takes a little bit of zoom and enhancing to be able to read it. Pain in the **** if there is more than one page. Hopefully someone can get a great not just good a great program to be able to use the BB. If it is suppose to be the ultimate business phone, i thought this would be one of the things they would dominate in. If someone knows of "great" software, let me know. Thanks
    You're out of luck and in for a surprise. Yes, it's a shocker that RIM still doesn't have this capability but fortunately it is being addressed with a new OS that includes Documents to Go that will open native documents. If you notice, you also cannot download attachments and store them on your SD card and open them natively. If you could, the process you describe above would be easy. I also was surprised first getting a Blackberry with the shortcomings. It was the "business phone of choice" by corporations since it was easier to manage and not have stray company documents floating all outside of the company. So the BB's use of push email and little functionality (e.g. no camera, no media player for "amusements" and wasting of the battery, etc.) was the strong point of the phone.

The choice you have right now is paying $25-30 quarterly for a service or converting your PDFs to some other format with a desktop program. On the bright side the new OS should be out on your phone before 2009. I'm also stuck with Verizon and frustrated that I'll probably have a VERY long wait but at least there are some things I'm doing to cope with it for the time being.
    06-09-08 06:47 AM
    The only thing I am able to open is PDF files...
    If all you can view are pdfs, you still don't have something configured correctly. Blackberrys can view the following attachments natively, whether on BES or BIS: doc, xls, ppt, wordperfect, pdf, ascii, html, jpg, bmp, gif, png, and tiff, and the zip'd versions of these.

As slinky points out, you can't store these on the Media card and work with them with native apps. But you should be able to view, forward, etc.
    06-09-08 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD