I really can't believe that I am posting this after all of the people who have posted and the problem STILL isn't fixed. Some day I want to count how many complaints that have been posted about the postage stamp sized piece of crap video size just to see how much RIM doesn't give a crap about its customers.
    I know this is like beating a dead horse, but I think a dead horse could write a better media player.
    How long is it going to take to get a patch written to fix this below standard piece of crap.
    OR
    Is there a video converter for free I can install on my blackberry that will fix it. I don't own a computer.
    It kind of pisses me off to know that after paying $250 for this thing I find out the it performs like this?
    OR
    Is there a OS that I can downgrade to where the video will work properly?
    I probably won't get an email notification about replies to this post because I haven't been able get a notification on any of my posts. I have come on the site and hunt all of my posts down and check up on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 01:36 AM
    The only videos I know of that will play full screen on the Berry are the HD ones. All other videos (including ones shot in the Berry's video recorder) play in a window. It kinda sucks, but since we're on prepaid, we should be glad we can watch videos at all.
    04-26-10 09:48 AM
    Yes, shame on us for wanting something above our station. Scarcasm aside, is it just a matter of them saying "screw the prepaids, they can watch movies, they should be grateful for that" or is it just a matter of one tech sitting down to fix some problems but won't due to unknown factors (on protest because they took Mt Dew out of the soda machine etc.)? Or maybe the programmer that is supposed to fix the display problems owns iPhone Stocks and they want people to switch. Whatever the reasons they need to get their little geek butts back in the cubical and start crunching some code.
    $350 might not be a whole lot of money to some folks but it took me a few months to save up for my BB and motorola headset. I, like every "prepaid" would kind of like to be treated like a real person and not like someone who just didn't have enough money to get a REAL phone with REAL support.

04-26-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD