Has anyone been here, to download video's and got them to work on the Curve?

I keep getting an error, "error loading file". But, a friend of mine has a 8830, and it works on that device - strange...
    07-02-07 07:02 PM
    what file are you trying to view, so i can download the exact same one and test, im downloading the apocalypto files as i type to test... will let you know if i get the same error.
    07-02-07 11:30 PM
    well tested, added them through the media manager, (converted them) through the media manager and they work with no errors on my curve. Did you use the media manager or jsut added them through windows explorer?
    07-03-07 12:21 AM
    Thanks for testing that. I was copying and pasting directly, using a pc, and browsing to the memory card on the device. I'm now in the process of trying it with Desktop Manager / Roxio Media Manager...
    07-03-07 12:50 AM
    I can also recommend the BlackBerry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter. Quality is a bit better than Media Manager, allows for some customization as well.

I put a 350MB raw .avi directly on my media card from my PC and had problems with playback, some stuttering and audio sync problems. Converting with BVC on default settings squashed it down to 118MB and played great!
    07-03-07 08:23 AM
    Aw, nuts, no HTML! Sorry. Lemme clean that up. Oh, duh, it's vBulletin.
    07-03-07 08:26 AM
    Using the Media Manager seems to have done the trick...

ps: I've used BVC before, but wanted particularly to download video's from said website...
    07-03-07 08:37 AM
    Yes, I will definitely need to head there and see what they have.
    07-03-07 10:02 AM
    I wonder if it's even legit.

That site was blocked by my company, so I used my Berry to navigate there, and I saw a few movie links that you can download, i.e. Ghostrider and others, for the Blackberry. They're divided into parts, usually 3.
    07-03-07 02:34 PM
    well any movie distributed like that would not be legit imo, however my office blocks it also, then again i saw the filter access list, and everything with the word movie is blocked out(with some exceptions like imdb) jsut like any tag labled mp3, itunes warez etc...
    most companies would block them out.

then again, its a free movie for your berry as long as no one is selling it after its downloaded i see no issue :P
    07-03-07 03:37 PM
    Ok, I lied! I thought using Media Manager would allow said movies to work, but no, error: error playing video...
    07-03-07 04:44 PM
    I"m trying to use the BBmovies site and i cant figure out how to get it on my berry, do you have to have Quicktime Pro as well? Could someone who has successfully did this please give me the steps on how to do this? After I DL the file I'm stuck after that i don't know where to go from there.
    07-22-07 02:46 PM
    Does the Blackberry video converter allow you to copy your copyrighted dvd(ie saw III) to your phone, or does it only work with copyright free videos.
    08-01-07 08:14 PM
    Not too sure, you might have to ask the owner...
    08-02-07 06:19 AM
    I am very new to this (my first crackberry post)...

I am a new curve owner and I am trying to add movies to my phone. I have a 2gig microsd card and I transfer the file to the phone via opening the card through windows explorer and dropping the file into the video section. I try to watch on my phone it comes with an error. It worked the first time and never worked again.... any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

-Jcox
    10-15-07 04:11 PM
    I am very new to this (my first crackberry post)...

I am a new curve owner and I am trying to add movies to my phone. I have a 2gig microsd card and I transfer the file to the phone via opening the card through windows explorer and dropping the file into the video section. I try to watch on my phone it comes with an error. It worked the first time and never worked again.... any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

-Jcox
    I have upped movies on my Curve, they need to be 3GP as far as I know.
    10-15-07 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD