Ok I have been fighting to get videos to play on my curve. I have tried OS versions: .77, .138, .160. All with no luck. It doesn't seem to be an OS problem. My media card encryption is of (has never been on either) and pics work fine. Just can't get videos to play that are on the phone or media card. I can however watch youtube videos. Any ideas? I have read its a firmware issue and will need to get a new berry. Please say it isn't so.
    08-19-09 09:52 AM
    What kind of video are you trying to play?
    08-19-09 09:55 AM
    I have tried downloaded vids and vids taken with my curve and other bbs just can't play anything from the card. Have now reformated card and am gonna reload it and see if that helps.
    08-19-09 10:32 AM
    Is there any kind of error message you are receiving? Like "Incorrect Format" or something like that? Never mind saw the title and came back to edit.

Sounds like you need to convert the video files to the .3gp or .MP4 format for the phone. There are a lot of different converters out there and I have been using Any Video Converter that works great for the Curve. Here's the link for the Free version: Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

Also there is one called LeawoVideo Converter that you can get for free today only. It is available at the Giveaway of the Day site here: Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Leawo Video Converter - Leawo Video Converter is a practical video converter that can convert videos and audios among all pop formats.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by freeop; 08-19-09 at 11:08 AM.
    08-19-09 11:01 AM
    The videos are all .3gp that I am trying to play. Still no luck. Like I said some of these are videos shot with my curve and as soon as I try to play them they say unsupported format.
    08-19-09 11:56 AM
    Ok so far today I have downgraded from .160 to .138 official verizon release. I have reformated the card and reloaded everything and still nothing.
    So my girlfriend shows up with her curve and says swap me memory cards and we can find out if its a problem with the card or the phone. So we do and my videos play in her curve (she is running .160) and her videos play on my curve. What the **** gives. I don't understand why my phone won't play my videos off my card.
    08-19-09 12:29 PM
    Sounds like its your phone then...take it back along w/your GF to show them what is up. Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:31 PM
    well ****.
    08-19-09 01:50 PM
    I know, that sux!! Prbly a rogue setting..
    08-19-09 02:18 PM
    Ok here is an update. I called verizon to see if they had been having alot of reports of the same problem. They had me do a hard reset. Fixed the problem. However I (like an *****) did a restore from my latest backup file and now it doesn't work again. So I guess there is a software glich that is causing it. I am going to hard reset again and then just synch my contacts. Hopefully this will fix the problem permanently. I will let you know.....

Edit: Update #2 I did the hard reset, did NOT restore. Turned the radio back on and it won't play videos again. Think we have it narrowed down to an interference between the radio and the video player. More to come....

edit: Update #3 I did another hard reset. Videos play. Turned on the radio. Videos play. Gonna do a restore and see what happens. Ugh why can't it just play the freakin videos. More to come.....

Edit: Update #4 Hard reset, radio on, Restore done, Video now playing. So what happened to cause the problem? Who knows. But it works so I am happy.
    Last edited by watchamakalit; 08-19-09 at 04:18 PM.
    08-19-09 03:59 PM
    Ok new day new problems. All was working well yesterday afternoon. Then I gat home and no videos again. Thinkin I am gonna have to exchange it. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD