So, I'm new to my Curve 8330 and it's kicking my a@@. I often get video files emailed to me in .wmv or .mp4 format. When I highlight the attachment I don't seem to have an option for opening & playing the video. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to download something in order for it to work? Help!
    06-19-08 08:31 AM
    The menu key should give you an option to open it however I've never received video via email I'll have to test this.
    06-19-08 08:42 AM
    Yeah, I thought the menu key would give me an option like that, but it doesn't. It's crazy! I can't seem to get any help from Sprint either. I have to get it resolved. I need it for work.
    06-19-08 08:45 AM
    I haven't been able to listen to .mp3 files that are emailed either. I don't think the bb attachment service supports this.
    06-19-08 08:58 AM
    I see what you mean I just sent myself a video and it does give you the option to open but it doesn't actually open it this is a little annoying. Well if I find anything I be sure to post. of course I'm running a beta OS could have something to do with it.
    06-19-08 09:00 AM
    Thanks. Anything you find would be appreciated. I've been looking around but have not been successful.
    06-19-08 09:08 AM
    Well it seems that only the new OSes support the video attachments, and since I get the option to open it but it does not open my theory is this. The issue is server side not the phone perhaps the email server does not send these attachments since most of the phones out there "don't" I could be completely wrong but it seems strange that I'm give the option to open the attachment but it fails to actually play the vid. however I do receive the video in my normal account so it is actually sending it. this is annoying
    06-19-08 10:26 AM
    Indeed it is. Especially since I purchased the phone for work to do just that function and it doesn't work.
    06-19-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD