Good day everyone,

Is there a way to record video in the BB then send it to another BB so that it can be played on theirs? I tried through BB messenger and it looks like the file type is not supported. I ended up emailing but the receiving party said it wouldn't open on the BB only the computer.

Did I do something wrong or is it just not possible?

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 10:04 AM
    No and Yes is the short answer.

Right now the BB cannot record video.

In the next release of the Operating system (v4.5), video recording is supported. This new release has been somewhat probematic for RIM and they have not yet given a release date.

It is considered by the denizens of this forum that late next month is the best guess but this is unsupported rumour at best.

A lot of people have downloaded and are using a beta version of this software with varying results. Just keep watching the 4.5 thread here for more information. I need my phone first and foremost as a phone so whilst I have tried 4.5 I have now removed it.

As to sharing, there are various ways from bluetooth to email and others in between.
    05-02-08 10:27 AM
    No and Yes is the short answer.

Right now the BB cannot record video.
    Recording the video is the problem. my 8330 is recording it just fine. It is the sending the video that is recorded so that it can be played on another BB that is the problem.

Mike
    05-02-08 10:45 AM
    Your 8330 comes with v4.3 software, the good stuff.

When your record a video clip, the file saves in a 3GP format. That is a simplified version of MP4.

Part of the problem might be compatibility between devices....

3GP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are two different standards for this format:

3GPP (for GSM-based Phones, may have filename extension .3gp)
    3GPP2 (for CDMA-based Phones, may have filename extension .3g2)
    Both are based on MPEG-4 and H.263 video, and AAC or AMR audio.

When transferred to a computer, 3GP movies can be viewed on Linux, Mac, and Windows platforms with programs such as VLC media player, RealPlayer, QuickTime, GOM Player and Media Player Classic.
    05-02-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD