I'm having a problem with my phone and I figure the people here are a million times smarter than the people at verizon. My problem is that when I receive text messages with sound attachments, the speaker on the phone goes out. the only fix is to remove the battery and reset it. The phone makes calls and receives them but I can't hear anything. The people calling hear me. speakerphone doesn't work either at these times.. I'm very frustrated with this so I hope someone here has a fix. Thanks for your help.
    06-13-08 02:08 PM
    hmm how long have you had the phone? I'd think about taking to a VZW store and swapping it out for another one ..
    06-13-08 02:09 PM
    Mine was doing that also and I was at the point that I wanted to get rid of it. Then one of my friends who has a pearl told me hers did the same and she took it in and they told her its normal if you don't ever shut it off fully. So go to options and select the auto on/off and pick a time for it to automatically shut off and turn back on. I did it and it hasn't acted up since.
    06-13-08 02:18 PM
    Yes - that sounds like a defective unit.
    06-13-08 02:19 PM
    Mine was doing that also and I was at the point that I wanted to get rid of it. Then one of my friends who has a pearl told me hers did the same and she took it in and they told her its normal if you don't ever shut it off fully. So go to options and select the auto on/off and pick a time for it to automatically shut off and turn back on. I did it and it hasn't acted up since.
    So basically that's like doing the same thing as pulling the battery and rebooting, isn't it? I know it's good to reboot everyday, but the text sound issue doesn't appear related. But I'm no expert, and haven't had this particular problem, so I couldn't say for sure.
    06-13-08 02:21 PM
    i didnt have the text problem, but i had the calling problem, like i could make and receive calls and they could hear me but i couldnt hear them. im assuming the texting thing could be semi related since you couldnt hear the sound. yeah pulling the battery is the same but then you have to wait while it reboots and that takes forever, i have mine set up to shut off at like midnight and not turn back on until like 6am.
    06-13-08 02:25 PM
    Well, as far as I understand, the auto off/on is the equivalent of pulling the battery and rebooting. Not sure how that would relate to have the sound cut off after getting a text with sound, but who knows what strange things lay within the guts of our BBs??
    06-13-08 02:35 PM
    right, but then like i said you dont have to wait FOREVERRRRR to have your phone turn back on. because i tried just pulling the battery and i am very impatient and didnt want to wait for it to reboot. lol so i figured it could do it on its own while im sleeping. crazy blackberries!
    06-13-08 02:40 PM
    crazy blackberries!
    Indeed they are (as are some of us users of the same)...
    06-13-08 02:48 PM
    I'm having a problem with my phone and I figure the people here are a million times smarter than the people at verizon. My problem is that when I receive text messages with sound attachments, the speaker on the phone goes out. the only fix is to remove the battery and reset it. The phone makes calls and receives them but I can't hear anything. The people calling hear me. speakerphone doesn't work either at these times.. I'm very frustrated with this so I hope someone here has a fix. Thanks for your help.
    My BB Curve has done this exact same thing at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I don't know what's causing it bit it's annoying as ****. When I noticed the problem the first time I thought it was the other person's phone not working right. Later someone else called me and the call was "connected" and I only heard total silence with no air noise at all. Several people called me and I coluld hear nothing. I called these people back and again the calls would "connect' and I couldn't hear anything but silence. I later found out from the people I was trying to talk to that they could hear me fine. I did a bettery pull and the phone started working correctly again. I called Verizon and they said it's not a known issue with them and to take it to the nearest in-store tech. Ya right! We all know how that's gonna go! No fix and they won't be able to duplicate the problem so they won't do anything. Actually I can get a new phone because I'm a big time Merits customer and I spend thousands of dollars every year with Verizon but that's besides the point. I honestly do not think this is an isolated problem with just a few people's phones here and there. It's got to be an issue with all BB's of this model or it wouldn't be happening to so many people. I'm sick and tired of yanking the battery out of my BB's to fix bugs and glitches! What to do...what to do??? Refund? Exchange? Deal with it? throw it as far as i can? donate it to a homeless guy??? I'm aggravated incase you haven't noticed! I'm going to go cool off before I'm tempted to drive up to the Verizon store and ream someone a new one.
    06-18-08 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD