i was given a BB 8320 and i was missing the email set up application and the maps on. i called t mobile and was given instructions via email:

1st. Go to
    t mobile website, select get software to right of blackberry Curve 8320,
    2nd. Type in 10 digit mobile numer and select go.
    3rd. Scroll down to bottom of page select Handheld Software and select download on following page
    4th. Once program is download go through install shiled wizard. Then follow in structions below
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    With the device turned on, connect the device to the computer using the USB cable
    After the BlackBerry Desktop Manager shows that the device is connected, click Application loader.
    Under the Add/Remove Applications section, select Start.
    When the device application selection screen appears, click Options.
    Make sure under device data options that the Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check box is selected. And insure to select backup device data automatically during the install process.
    Click OK.
    When the device application selection screen appears again, Click Next and then Finish.

so i did everything that it asked for and my phone went BLANk!
    all it shows is a circle with a rectangle that has a square circle and triangle inside of it with a diagonal line going across the circle it also has the numbers 507...

can the BB be fixed or is it a complete loss?!
    07-01-09 02:37 AM
    Relax, all is not lost. This is common occurrence and can be easily rectified.

Here is what you need to do:

Locate and download an OS for your 8320. There are several available. This link will take you to the TMO site to get OS 4.5.0.81, which is the official TMO OS 4.5 for the 8320.

t-mobile.com bbupgrade

Click the "get software" button under Blackberry Curve 8320.

In the next window enter your phone number and click "go".

On the "Available Downloads" page click on ">>Handheld Software (v 4.5.0.81)"

On the next page click download in the lower right corner of the box.

Download to your desktop.

If you have not done so, you should also download Desktop Manager (DM) 4.6 (without media manager is recommended). Right click and click back to get back to the download page.

Go in to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and look for an entry titled "Blackberry Device Software vX.X.X for the Blackberry 8320 smartphone". If it's there, click on it and remove it. Do the same for "Blackberry Desktop Software" if you downloaded DM 4.6.

Install the new DM 4.6.

Install the OS in windows.

If your 8320 is not T-Mobile branded, i.e. T-Mobile does not show up when you turn the phone on or off or reboot it, you must delete a file named "vendor.xml". In Windows XP, the file will be found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Now read the following threads to recover your BB from the 507 error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

There are later OS 4.5.0.xxx versions for the 8320. The latest is in the sticky thread for the 8320 at the top of the forum. Don't worry if it's from another carrier. OS's are device specific. The only thing you need to do is to delete the vendor.xml file as described above.

Good luck and post back here if you continue to have problems.
    Last edited by wnm; 07-01-09 at 07:03 AM.
    07-01-09 07:00 AM
    The "Manage Internet E-mail" link is pushed down via the service books.

You can also try accessing it from the browser by going to bookmarks and looking in the t-zones folder. There should be a link titled "Manage Internet E-mail" that will work.

If it is not there, you will need to resend your service books to get it.

As for the maps application, follow the instructions that WNM gave above.
    07-01-09 09:22 AM
    thanks! but the same thing that occurred the first time happen.

i got to step 5 of "how to recover a dead blackberry" and in the process it stopped and stated, unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. how can i fix this?
    07-01-09 11:23 AM
    Try wiping your BB. It should already be wiped, but it's worth a shot.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Then try again. I have had the problems you have and it's taken several try's to get it fixed.
    07-01-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD