went from a storm to a curve because my storms kept screwing up and got sick of it.

but when i activated the curve i cannot get any data service. Verizon said that RIM sent out a warning saying that there is a lag or problem with new blackberry activations getting Data services.

any fixes?
    05-27-09 03:42 PM
    went from a storm to a curve because my storms kept screwing up and got sick of it.

but when i activated the curve i cannot get any data service. Verizon said that RIM sent out a warning saying that there is a lag or problem with new blackberry activations getting Data services.

any fixes?

seems to be the problem. just got my replacement and calld to make sure i had set everything up correctly and the csr said that rim is messed up right now and that the browser icon would be back by tonight along with the restoration of all of my email accounts so i guess its just a waiting game right now. it took atleast an hour for me to get the msg that says my phone has been registered with the wireless network.

lame.
    05-27-09 03:49 PM
    been an 2 hours....no registration email
    05-27-09 03:52 PM
    everything just came back up for me; browser emails everything
    05-27-09 04:21 PM
    That sucks. Hope you get it to work for you.
    05-27-09 04:37 PM
    i got the same line from a rep having done just the opposite of the OP (swapped from my 8330 to 9530)
    05-27-09 09:22 PM
    Wow - that's twice now in one week. I had the same issue last Wednesday, only it took four hours on the phone with VZW and RIM for them to realize it was beyond my device and a widespread issue.
    05-27-09 09:29 PM
    "Verizon's new Blackberry problem"...

Wait, I thought data was on Blackberry's network. And "any fixes" when RIM is saying it's going to be slow I'd say just hurry up and wait.
    05-27-09 09:36 PM
    The issue i am seeing is it is mostly happening for new BB activations. (esn changes, upgrades, new acts, things like that).... Havent seen it impact any BB's that are currently active.... try a batt pull every now and then and it may help...
    05-27-09 09:37 PM
    so a few minutes ago my 9530 went to only "1x" mode.

i turned the radio off (not the phone) and turned it back on at which point it auto-restarted

now it's finally back in "1XEV" mode.
    05-27-09 10:04 PM
    Yeah, my phone earlier was on 1xev in an area I always get 1XEV. I also turned my radio off and then on and it was fixed.
    05-27-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD