Ok so i got this BB Curve 8330 from VZW, I got the youtube launcher app...What do i need to download or what settings do i need to change to be able to view the videos on youtube. The glorious contraption known as the CURVE keeps telling me that the "video is in an unsupported format" and refuses to play. I am a YOUTUBE fanatic and would love if anybody can tell me how to fix this issue..thanks.
    07-24-09 07:37 AM
    The first thing to check is which software version is installed. In order to use the mobile optimized site, you must have v4.5xx Device Software.

Options / About will confirm which is installed.

If you have the correct OS software, I suspect your YouTube launcher is taking to the Flash enabled site, not the Mobile optimized site.

Try manually entering: m.youtube.com
    07-24-09 10:01 AM
    I didnt think you could use youtube on the vzw curve! I will have to try that site!!

Good Luck!
    07-24-09 12:38 PM
    M.youtube.com works, but only on files that have a mobile format. Unfortunately, its a hit/miss on which files have the conversion. Some work, some don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:13 PM
    Happened to me too...

I use Vuclip web video search -- it's similar to YouTube and works great for me.
    07-24-09 01:28 PM
    Thanks....
    07-26-09 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD