verizon curve 8330

i have not been able to get the device to recognize any music, ringtones and some photos through media app.

i am at a loss here. i did a lot of searching, but i must not be asking the right questions.

i put a handful of mp3 short snippet ringtones in the ringtone folders of the card, and device. they don't show up in media. i can use the tones from contacts, and from profile menus.

i put mp3 songs in music folder, and i can't see them in media.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    anyone experience same problem?
    07-10-08 07:57 AM
    verizon curve 8330

i have not been able to get the device to recognize any music, ringtones and some photos through media app.

i am at a loss here. i did a lot of searching, but i must not be asking the right questions.

i put a handful of mp3 short snippet ringtones in the ringtone folders of the card, and device. they don't show up in media. i can use the tones from contacts, and from profile menus.

i put mp3 songs in music folder, and i can't see them in media.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    anyone experience same problem?

go to options>media card make sure media card support is on, and enable mass storage mode is enabled
    07-10-08 08:08 AM
    Try using the adapter (most micro sc cards come with) and try reading via your PC. If you cannot read them through your PC, reformat your card and try again. How did you put the .mp3s on the card? If you used explorer try re-adding them through Desktop Manager. I have found I have much more success using DM. Also what size card are you using? I see you have Verizon with OS 4.3 so an 8GB or below should work just fine. If all else fails try the classic battery pull. If that still doesn�t work it is possible you just have a bum card.
    07-10-08 08:12 AM
    ok -- just in case some newbie, like me, has same problem...

a friend suggested formatting microsd card, and battery removal / cycle.

so i did this...

options/media card
    menu button/format card

after format..
    turned power off, removed battery, reinserted battery, and restarted.

usb'd to pc, and accepted mass storage view.
    dragged what i wanted into ring tones, music and pics.

all good.
    figured i'd at least post a solution in case anyone else has same newb problems.

great site by the way.
    07-10-08 08:22 AM
    ps thanks for responses...
    i belv it was a combo of format and classic battery pull.

thanks all.

it is a 2gb sandisk that i pulled from my sammy alias phone.
    07-10-08 08:23 AM
    You're welcome and welcome to the addiciton. Keep on Crackin'!
    07-10-08 08:48 AM
    my wife calls the curve "Mistress."
    so i added the "warning warning, it's the wife." ringtone just for her contact.

Great site!!!

quick note -- i had the samsung sch-i730 a few phones ago, and i belv this thing blows the sammy away.
    07-10-08 01:05 PM
    also, when u go to your media folders, give it a few seconds (30) to see if the songs/videos/whatever show up.

at first i was not giving it time to load, and when i noticed they weren't there, immediately closed. come to find out, they were there, just took a min. to load from the sd card.
    07-10-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD