Hey all,

I have been having some issues with my battery on my Curve 8330 with Verizon. So has my dad, and he doesn't use Facebook, although this is what I thought the original problem was. I tried updating my "Roaming Capabilities" today by dialing *228 and I hope this works. To give you an example, I don't use my browser very much, I used Facebook yesterday very slightly, and it is down to two bars now. It was 4 bars the day before yesterday. I haven't texted a lot either.

Thanks!
    07-03-09 10:25 AM
    Are you guys closing your apps by hitting menu and selecting close? Running apps in the background can drain batteries much faster
    07-03-09 10:29 AM
    Are you guys closing your apps by hitting menu and selecting close? Running apps in the background can drain batteries much faster
    Yes, I close all my apps by selecting "Close" or "Exit". Usually I select "Exit" in App World.
    07-03-09 10:32 AM
    he is right if you dont hit your bb button the program will still run...slowing down phone and draining battery..Also its a lithium ion battery if you never let it drain all the way when you first got it and then chargged it, the battery could have created a memory( you can charge for 12 hrs but the battery thinks its half full) my input get a new battery !
    07-03-09 10:34 AM
    he is right if you dont hit your bb button the program will still run...slowing down phone and draining battery..Also its a lithium ion battery if you never let it drain all the way when you first got it and then chargged it, the battery could have created a memory( you can charge for 12 hrs but the battery thinks its half full) my input get a new battery !
    I appreciate all of your responses, however getting a new battery? Does this really make sense?
    07-03-09 10:37 AM
    If what I need is a new battery, I could go into Verizon and ask them for a battery. They will replace it for free. Is this reccomended?
    07-03-09 10:48 AM
    I doubt they will replace it for free. Depends on warr issues and a case by case basis. You might get a prorated price. A new battery is a trouble shooting step to remove it being the battery as an issue.

Also, do you charge the battery everynight? If not- this is something you should do.
    07-03-09 11:18 AM
    I doubt they will replace it for free. Depends on warr issues and a case by case basis. You might get a prorated price. A new battery is a trouble shooting step to remove it being the battery as an issue.

Also, do you charge the battery everynight? If not- this is something you should do.
    I think I will see how updating my roaming capabilities helps. Thanks for all of your help! I apprecaite it!

And, yes I usually charge my battery every night.
    Last edited by BerrySky; 07-03-09 at 11:27 AM.
    07-03-09 11:22 AM
    I previously had an 8830 and I'd say the battery lasted 3x longer each charge than the 8330.

So here's some suggestions I do to try and keep the battery from draining even faster..

* If you're not using bluetooth anytime soon - turn it off
    * Make sure all applications you don't need running are closed.
    * Be mindful of applications that are updating in the background like weather programs, twitter, gmail, etc.
    * Unless you use the GPS in your phone regularly keep it in the default "911 Only" mode.
    07-03-09 12:04 PM
    I previously had an 8830 and I'd say the battery lasted 3x longer each charge than the 8330.

So here's some suggestions I do to try and keep the battery from draining even faster..

* If you're not using bluetooth anytime soon - turn it off
    * Make sure all applications you don't need running are closed.
    * Be mindful of applications that are updating in the background like weather programs, twitter, gmail, etc.
    * Unless you use the GPS in your phone regularly keep it in the default "911 Only" mode.
    You would reccomend the 8830 over the 8330? I don't really use my camera and I don't travel, so I don't see the advantage to it unless the World Edition is better with battery life and a good phone overall. Any ideas?
    07-03-09 12:12 PM
    You would reccomend the 8830 over the 8330? I don't really use my camera and I don't travel, so I don't see the advantage to it unless the World Edition is better with battery life and a good phone overall. Any ideas?
    My 8830 died and I had a choice to get a replacement or get an 8330. I missed the ability to be able to snap a quick photo so I went with the curve. Plus the curve has more application memory space. So overall I prefer the curve .. just wish the battery lasted longer.
    07-03-09 12:26 PM
    My 8830 died and I had a choice to get a replacement or get an 8330. I missed the ability to be able to snap a quick photo so I went with the curve. Plus the curve has more application memory space. So overall I prefer the curve .. just wish the battery lasted longer.
    I like the Curve a lot, so I think I will stick with it for now. Thanks!
    07-03-09 12:28 PM
    Is your battery perfectly square, or are the sides rounded?

I would try and go to a VZW store with a tech, you have a decent chance of getting a free battery if its still within the year warranty. Don't take a square edged one though, they seem to be worse than their rounded counterparts.
    07-03-09 01:38 PM
    Is your battery perfectly square, or are the sides rounded?

I would try and go to a VZW store with a tech, you have a decent chance of getting a free battery if its still within the year warranty. Don't take a square edged one though, they seem to be worse than their rounded counterparts.
    You really think I need to replace my battery though?
    07-03-09 01:40 PM
    How old is the battery?
    07-03-09 01:45 PM
    How old is the battery?
    Probably as old as my phone... I got my Curve in March of this year.
    07-03-09 01:47 PM
    Possibly.

Ive known a lot of the square ones to be crap right out of the box.
    07-03-09 01:54 PM
    Possibly.

Ive known a lot of the square ones to be crap right out of the box.
    So I should ask Verizon for a different kind of battery?
    07-03-09 01:55 PM
    Sorry, I just don't understand what you mean by a "curved" battery as opposed to the square one. Aren't they all the same for the Curve?
    07-03-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD