I was trying to decide if I should post this here or under the Verizon forum. Ehk.

This morning I woke up to check my phone, as usual, when it's BLACK!
    What I mean is that it was OFF. I turned in on and . . . There's a "white" part on the bottom right. With colored lines. It's a few inches long. :[ The rest is BLACK. Imagine a black layer on top of letters. You could sort of see under. Well that's how it is!
    I don't know how that happened.

I have insurance on the phone. Has this happened before to anyone?
    I had that happened to my old phone but it was because it was dropped. I don't want Verizon trying to think I dropped the phone and making up a phony lie. To be honest I don't want to pay the 50$. I would be glad to pay that than just get a whole new phone. But I'm on a really tight budget.
    I was also thinking of just buying an LCD and replacing it. Or finding someone who has an old Curve that doesn't need it anymore.

Then it came to mind a whole new phone. This one is all "beaten up" from dropping it. It doesn't even have the little door latch. I heard of some people's falling off. Mine didn't even come with it. But I was too crazy about the phone to even notice it until someone pointed it out. I always had a case on it.

has anyone experienced taking their phone with a broken LCD into the store?

Any suggestions would be nice.

Today isn't such a nice day. Booo!
    12-17-08 04:57 PM
    Just call, you dont have to walk in, explain what happened, Im sure its not the first time they have heard of it or another case like it.

I wouldnt even bother messing with the LCD, it might be something in the guts of it all.
    12-17-08 05:02 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    12-17-08 05:02 PM
    Yeah, it was one of the first things I did. I thought maybe it will go away. But it's pretty broken. Haha.
    12-17-08 05:05 PM
    How old is it? Verizon is usually pretty good about replacing phones. I had a LG flip a few years back and I got it replaced 5 or 6 times within a 2 year period. I didnt even have insurance, I would think you could go into the store and they would swap it out for you no problem.
    12-17-08 06:50 PM
    If Verizon wont replace it, you can file a claim with Asurion (if you pay the $4.95 or so a month for insurance) and they will replace the phone for about $50. Otherwise, cnn.cn sells replacement LCD's for about $35.
    12-17-08 09:02 PM
    Verizon should replace it, I've had phone's replaced for a lot less.
    12-17-08 09:07 PM
    Really?
    You guys just went it? And got a replacement?
    Did they mail it out to you or gave you a phone right there?
    Well, I think I'm hitting Verizon tomorrow and give it a shot. x] If not I'll go the insurance way. I just didn't want to deal with Asurion.
    12-18-08 12:44 AM
    How old is it? Verizon is usually pretty good about replacing phones. I had a LG flip a few years back and I got it replaced 5 or 6 times within a 2 year period. I didnt even have insurance, I would think you could go into the store and they would swap it out for you no problem.
    It's just months old! Did you get it at that moment?
    If you were able to get it replaced just like that. I feel it's a waste for insurance. Haha. Thankss!
    12-18-08 12:45 AM
    Oh. I forgot to ask earlier.
    I have .97 on my phone right now. I know Verizons official one is .77. The screen is broken I don't know if there is a way to see what's running but just in case, does anyone know?
    should I put it back to .77?
    12-18-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD