Hello Everyone:

I have been cruising through the forums and find a great deal of information on the 8330 Curve for Verizon Wireless. My company just upgraded me to one.

I was wondering though if anyone with an extensive or initimate knowledge of the device would have any recommendations for "pimping" it upon purchase? One particular thing I had in mind was the MicroSD.. whats the largest it can handle? Currently my device came with what appears to be OS 4.3... is there a higher OS compatible with this device such as 4.5 not from Verizon?

Like I said though any advice or recommendations from personal experience would be helpful.
    10-13-08 11:41 AM
    I have a verizon curve and there are a few programs I can not live without.

viigo beta (Get Viigo)
    Google maps (Google Maps)
    Opera (Opera browser: Home page)
    Weather eye
    facebook (mobile.blackberry.com)
    ESPN app
    Games...lots of games

I am looking for a new media player as the built in one is just not fast or easy enough to use. I have an 8GB card that houses my MP3s and attachments for work. I am running 4.5.0.77, the latest beta, with only the one speakerphone issue. This is my first blackberry and I was able to get all of this done with the forums and some patients.

My experience would say that you should backup once a week and read the forums a lot as there many things here I would have never found on my own.

Welcome to the world of crackberry and I can honestly say it is an addiction for me.
    10-13-08 12:26 PM
    One particular thing I had in mind was the microsd
    Have a look at this thread for useful info on sd cards http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/

In terms of updating your OS then you mentioned that your BB was given to you by your employer. It is possible that your company may restrict any changes that you may want to carry out. Your best bet is to speak to your company IT guys to see if they would allow this. You don't want to get yourself out of a job.
    10-13-08 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD