Is it possible to unlock my Verizon Curve to allow it to work on the At&t network? I wanna give my old phone to a friend, but they are on At&t. Thanks for the input!

-AP
    07-15-09 10:09 AM
    I work at T-Mobile and I've worked with unlocked verizon blackberries before so it's probably possible. Call Verizon to submit the request.
    07-15-09 10:12 AM
    So you think that if I call Verizon, they would allow me to switch it?
    07-15-09 10:25 AM
    Verizon curve 8330 is CDMA only with no SIM card.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the unlock process allows other carriers' SIM cards to be used, which with a CDMA only phone its not an option.
    07-15-09 10:28 AM
    Verizon won't let you switch it. I don't believe the 8330 has GSM capabilities.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't even think that the 8330 has a sim card slot.

Even so, I don't think you will get great service using att on your Curve even if you can switch it over. It just doesn't have the GSM strength. Now the Tour or the Storm would be a different story but the radio could be shoddy even using those devices at times.
    07-15-09 10:34 AM
    ok, that is what I assumed. Thank you all for you responses, I greatly appreciate it!
    07-15-09 10:48 AM
    I Also have the same mobile. but i need it to use it on Indian CDMA network, since it doesn't have sim slot Is it possible to unlock and use it.
    Kindly help.
    Thanks
    12-19-12 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD