I just got the 8330 about a week ago and twice now I have had call issues. When I make a call the screen indicates call is connected but all I hear is dead air. The party on the other end hears me, but I don't hear anything at all. Also, same happens when I get incoming calls - they hear me pick up but all I hear is dead air?

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Does anyone know how to correct? and why it is happening?

I have done a reset by taking the battery out and having to re-start the whole phone, it just gets inconvenient because I never know when this issue is happening until I try to make or receive calls.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
    08-14-08 03:16 PM
    Its a known issue hopefully software fix for it soon its related to .qcp files media (sounds) sent thru mms as of now the battery pull or a reset is the only fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 03:19 PM
    Another poster stated to activate vad and it'll fix the issue instead of battery pull etc - but yep known issue as previously stated.

08-14-08 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I'm new to this, what is vad?
    08-14-08 03:42 PM
    VAD = Voice Activated Dialing
    08-14-08 03:45 PM
    U can always do a soft reset by holding alt the right shift key and delete instead of taking out battery

08-14-08 07:27 PM
    I had that problem when I first got mine, but it was because I forgot to turn my headset off or it would accidentally get turned on while in my pocket.

08-15-08 06:42 AM
    I have had 3 VZW Curves in the last 2 months. Exchanged them for problems with display on one and the other one had a camera that was crooked. I haven't had any audio issues with any of the Curves I have had. With or without headset wired or bluetooth. I would return the phone and exchange it for a new one under the 30 Worry Free Guarantee. You shouldn't have to do anything extra to get your phone to work properly.

08-15-08 08:27 AM
    I've been having the same prob...I'm on my 2nd BB, same issue.. someone on here told me there's an update on VZW 2 fix it but I didn't see anything...(or mayb I just wasn't lookg in the right spot)..I guess I'll try activating VAD to see if that wrks...but if u figure out 2 fix it PLS PLS let me know cuz its really aggravating!!

08-15-08 12:33 PM
    U can always do a soft reset by holding alt the right shift key and delete instead of taking out battery

They are trying to fix it without the reset (battery pull or key config) resetting can be annoying just to be able to mk a call. I think they were looking for an alternative method.

08-15-08 12:55 PM
    I've been having the same prob...I'm on my 2nd BB, same issue.. someone on here told me there's an update on VZW 2 fix it but I didn't see anything...(or mayb I just wasn't lookg in the right spot)..I guess I'll try activating VAD to see if that wrks...but if u figure out 2 fix it PLS PLS let me know cuz its really aggravating!!

Vad is the quickest work around that I've seen posted. I wish I knew who it was that found this out so I could gv them proper credit for it.

The latest os from verizon is still the 4.3. I'm running 4.5 and don't hv the issue but I'd wait for an official release until you are more comfortable w your phone if I were you.

08-15-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD