It is located on the bb website under software, it will say bb desktop s/w and right above that will be the device s/w its not difficult to do as much as time consuming, the update to the handsett will take about an hour.
    10-13-08 05:37 PM
    I have the same problems they actually are 10 times worse now that I upgraded to 4.5
    10-13-08 05:44 PM
    same here. I am on my second phone it has not done it since may and it just did it again. Both times after I received a text with audio in it.
    10-13-08 07:11 PM
    It is located on the bb website under software, it will say bb desktop s/w and right above that will be the device s/w its not difficult to do as much as time consuming, the update to the handsett will take about an hour.
    Ive upgraded numerous 8330's, 8300's and a 8120 and it never takes an hour to do the OS upgrade. I did my cousin and her bf's 8330's last night both in under 45 mins. That was doing it thru desktop manager, but havent tried upgrading it yet from the blackberry website since Id rather do it on my own
    10-13-08 07:40 PM
    Well it might have takin that long because it was the beta verzion I know It took a long a** time though
    10-13-08 07:43 PM
    I am soooo glad I found this thread! My friend has been having this problem with her curve since July and it got so bad that a cpl wks ago she finally broke down and called Verizon. They in turn sent her a new "refurbished" one which didn't work and then another refurb. which worked fine for a few days then started the same thing all over. During which time MINE started! I have only had my Curve since beg. of June and she actually got hers a few wks later. NO ONE at out local verzon store, nor anyone @ cust. servc new ANYTHING about this. It is such a pain to take the battery out, esp. when it starts happening 2-3 times a day! They are sending me a NEW one straight from the Blackberry company (motorolla I suppose) bc get this...THEY WERE OUT OF REFURBISHED when my husband called them on Thurs. night! Anywho...I tried the voice dialing trick and IT WORKED!!! YEAH!!! Thanks SO much! i can't wait to tell my friend!
    Last edited by nojomays; 10-14-08 at 11:20 AM.
    10-14-08 11:12 AM
    Well as I am a few weeks away from going from Sprint to Verizon and getting both myself and my wife a Curve this is a bit of a bummer.
    Is it only with a MMS (audio or pic/video) and not with SMS (a simple text)? If this is the case I should be okay as I rarely get anything other than a simple text.
    What if you send a picture through BB messenger - what does it do then? Or is that a different scenario all together. I can see my wife (or I) sending a picture of one of the kids through messenger as that is what it is for.
    Thanks!
    10-14-08 11:30 AM
    I just got my blackberry 12 days ago. I have already experienced this problem. I can tell you that it is a huge pain, and a real let down. I really put a lot of consideration and read many reviews on getting this phone. I found nothing on this subject/problem...

I have the "not able to hear me talking on the other side of the call" thing happens to me only when I recieve a "flix" or multi media text message. I had a friend (also on Verizon) send me a video the other day, and was not able to view it at all, and this thing happened immediately after. I am able to recieve pictures without experiencing this. I have also experienced this for after I go into my memory card and listen to MP3's.

I was only ever able to correct it with the battery pull. I had not tried the vioce activation thing and will do that next time.

I was going to try the 4.5 upgrade- but someone mentioned that it doens't help? IS THIS TRUE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE UPGRADED TO 4.5? This is completely BS that this is happening with this phone. I called Verizon yesterday and they had not fixed this as of 10-21-08.
    10-22-08 07:29 AM
    All these comments bout upgrading to 4.5...I feel like an *****!!! new owner of blackberry, and preparing for the storm to hit...I got desktop mgr 4.3 on laptop...and tried 3-4 times downloading the 4.5 device software...the phone is currently reading it has 4.3XXXX software. when i try to upgrade it reads the pin of phone and scrolls through the process of doin something, but dunno what...Cause when completed after a couple of mins, it says phone has current software, but it still reads 4.3...Im a carrier of the Verzion 8330...can somebody please email or shoot me the process or loopholes to download software...Verizon wont help since they do not support the 4.5 software as of yet...still the 4.3 online and through tech support...could this be why it wont upgrade???
    10-22-08 08:05 AM
    Check out the search, surely you will find the thread about the proper upgrade and down grade procedure... It will talk you thru it......
    10-22-08 08:11 AM
    Same problem sprint is the carrier took it back got a new curve resent service books no problems now running 4.3 OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 08:52 AM
    Happened to my wife she couldnt hear anyone do battery pull all would be ok for awhile then do it again. Took it into store replaced phone and set her up with a free case to boot all good since then
    My advice demand new phone!!!!!!!!!
    10-22-08 09:51 AM
    It seems like some of the others have tried the "replace the phone" option to no avail. Wasn't there someone who mentioned 3 replaced phones?

The upgrade doesn't seem that difficult, I just didn't want to bother if the problem was still going to be there.
    10-22-08 10:07 AM
    Ok, so I totally had this problem and my girlfriend was having this exact problem with her Pearl 8130. When it first started happening (months ago) we went to the local VZW store and their tech support said they had never heard of it and gave us the 800# tech support for national VZW. They thought it was poor signal coverage and all along I thought it was a flaw with 4.3 OS because both our phones had the same OS, and we live/work in a great coverage area. Anyway I recently went back in to the VZW store to see if they had an answer for me and they did! There is a patch on the Verizon Blackberry OS site. The release date still shows 5/08 but if your scroll down you will see there is a patch. The tech support guy said his Curve is running VZW's beta release of 4.5 and we can expect to see it shortly.

I personally, at the direction of a good friend, came on here and followed the directions to download and install the latest 4.5 release for my curve from another carrier. I have not had a single problem since the upgrade. IN FACT I found that I am getting better battery life and better coverage in some areas. For instance there was a section of my morning commute where i previously dropped calls, I now no longer drop calls and there have not been any towers added recently, that I know of.

I highly recommend upgrading to the 4.5 OS right away. If you follow the instructions posted here in the 83XX forum you cannot go wrong. If you don't feel like tinkering then just go to the VZW smithmicro page and download the 4.3 OS with the patch.
    10-22-08 10:14 AM
    I've been having this problem since I got the phone in October.. Every so often I call someone, It says CONNECT, they hear me but I can't hear them. Its a pain in the A**!! The only thing I do is take the battery out and wait a few minutes.. Then put it back.. I would hate for this to happen to me at a bad moment!! LOL

Would anyone suggest I upgrade????? I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to upgrade, only to find Im having problems with something else.

Please help!!! Thanks Dee!
    12-06-08 09:50 PM
    My phone is going to Verizon for the update and a fix. I had it shut off and when they reconnected my service, my browser doesn't work anymore. You have to go through and do a few things before it actually connects.
    The one Blackberry rep has no idea what it is, and believes its a verizon problem so it'll go to them for the software update and hopefully a fix for the browser or I'm asking for a new one.
    12-06-08 10:40 PM
    Bomb what OS you have running?
    12-06-08 10:56 PM
    4.3.0.127 I believe is correct or 3.1.0.72, I'm still sorta new to BB's
    Last edited by Bombinadam1403; 12-06-08 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I'm a *****
    12-06-08 11:00 PM
    there is a newer version that verizon has out

Maybe try that and see how it works.
    12-06-08 11:03 PM
    That's what I'm thinking, I was going to download it here at home but my phone desperately needs a service call. LoL.
    The whole browser issue is really on my last nerve. I'll have to take it in, my next day off.
    12-06-08 11:05 PM
    I am a newbie and n desperate need of answers-pls help...
    I have yet figured out how 2 download music 2 my 8330 curve. I'm trying 2 download from my Windows media player on my PC and also I have hooked up both my MP3 and BB to my PC 2 try and sync the two. One time I was almost successful-i got the music 2 synic from my MP3 but when I played it on my BB it was all distorted and sounded like something from The Exorcist..am I missing something? Also I noticed when I downloaded the software 2 my PC it didn't have the media manager avail.
    Thank u n advance

Just to let you guys know *228 doesn't fix anything. All it does is program the phone number in the phone and download the preferred roaming list to the phone. It doesn't update software or do any updates to change anything in the phone, except download a new PRL if one is available.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 11:14 PM
    Verizon told me too download and install 4.5 so i did,,,,seemed to always happen when i was playing mp3's in my truck
    12-07-08 08:03 PM
    download the new software from Blackberry.com its easy,free and seems to do the trick
    12-07-08 08:06 PM
    i have an 8350i flashed to boost phone was working fine all of a sudden cant hear nothing unless i use speaker or bluetooth
    will this work for my phone as well
    12-03-09 12:38 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD