Ok, I have the previously stated phone (as well as 2 other friends) & we're all having the same issue w/Verizon.

What happens on a daily basis lately is this: Phone rings, I press "answer", screen display looks as if call is connected, I'm yelling "hello? Hello?" and as the frustration mounts, various obscenities are thrown about. I am told later that they could hear me, but on my end there is nothing but dead air. I will then hang up the call & try the caller back. The call looks as if it connects on my display and still I cannot hear anything on my end, but they can hear me plain as day on their end.

I will then pull the battery & wait for what seems like forever for the phone to reboot. I then make the call again & all is fine.

I just spoke w/a Verizon tech support rep & she of course was clueless to the problem & advised myself & my other 2 friends to just "take your phone into a retail location" so one of the textbook technicians can take a gander. I fail to believe it's a phone issue because the three of us are from all parts of the county we live in & the problem is the same for all 3 of us.

Can anyone please help with any information regarding this problem??

Thanks!
    09-30-08 11:56 PM
    Ooops, forgot to mention that all 3 phones are operating on v4.3.0.127 if that helps...
    09-30-08 11:58 PM
    Samething happened to me the 2nd day I had the phone. I thought I was out of coverage area. Then I noticed that I had full bars. Used another phone to call mine and I could hear myself on the other phone but nothing came through mine. Did the battery pull and everything seems fine now. Was told that maybe the sd card, 2 gig I had for a year or so may have caused it. I have since changed to a 4 gig. I did upgrade to 4.5 though. Now all I get it that brief speaker phone thing for a second every now and then. Unfortunately Verizon's way of "fixing" a phone is to give you another one will eventually give the you the same problem as the old one.
    10-01-08 12:47 AM
    It is a known issue with that software. If you notice, I bet the problem happens right after you receive a MMS message to the device. Doesn't happen to all of them and it doesn't happen all the time. Only fix is soft reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 12:54 AM
    im so glad i found this post..i too have a verizon curve..had it since august 1,08 and neve had a problem with it until this weekend..i go to call my sister and i get nothing but dead air so i did a battery pull and the phone took so long to reboot i thought it was broken...but i never upgraded anything..all i ever added to my hone was im mobile so why does the bb do this?
    10-06-08 08:18 AM
    i haven't had a personal experience with this issue.

Could it be a bad batch of phones and/or software?

Has this been resolved yet?

Thanks.

10-06-08 08:23 AM
    This happens to me as well.I had to do a battery pull each time. Another thing that I've notice happens is that the person I'm on the phone with says that the phone cuts in and out. That has happened a few times. But if we disconnect the call and call back it's fine.

10-06-08 08:47 AM
    i haven't had a personal experience with this issue.

Could it be a bad batch of phones and/or software?

Has this been resolved yet?

Thanks.

Its a software issue associated with the 4.3 OS and the interruption of certain audio files. The only fixes are a battery pull and lettin the file play through.

10-06-08 08:58 AM
    Thanks.

Do you know if it's fixed with 4.5 (beta)?

10-06-08 09:00 AM
    To my knowledge, yes it is.

10-06-08 09:12 AM
    If you set one of your convience keys as "voice dailing" and press that key after your have the audio issue it fixes it. It has worked everytime for my curve. I push it once, and nothing is said, push it again, and the lady should come on and say "say a command". Then you should be able to hear! I found this was easier then doing a battery pull because it takes about 2 minutes for my phone to completely load up.

I work at a corp. Verizon store and have told all our customers that have this issue to do this, and everyone says it works every time. I hope that helps!
    10-06-08 09:13 AM
    I don't have the problem now that I use 4.5.xxxxxx
    10-06-08 09:24 PM
    I too have had this problem, and as said before in other threads, Verizons current fix is to pull the battery. They have also replaced my new curve 3 times in the last month as another temporary fix only to have the same problem within 24 hrs. As long as I would only answer my phone or send text messages I was ok. If I did anything other than that, the next call I had no headset. My cousin works for Verizon and couldn't seem to help me on this issue. Of course all 8 employees at the Verizon store have the curve and have no problems! They all love thiers and can't understand what I'm going through. I hate to say it, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one.I am not a phone or computer genius, but I think this is a software error that is probably easily fixed. Any suggestions???
    10-06-08 09:45 PM
    Another thing I do every couple of weeks is to call *228 for any updates.
    10-06-08 10:06 PM
    Another thing I do every couple of weeks is to call *228 for any updates.
    Just to let you guys know *228 doesn't fix anything. All it does is program the phone number in the phone and download the preferred roaming list to the phone. It doesn't update software or do any updates to change anything in the phone, except download a new PRL if one is available.
    10-06-08 10:14 PM
    Make that another on my second curve its done it too use that excuse incase u drop ur curve or scratch to get a new one... I did

10-06-08 10:41 PM
    This happens to my Verizon Curve also. I finally learned to watch what I say because the caller can still hear me. I think michael.alexander has something with the problem occurring after a MMS. I just never seemed to put my finger on when it would happen. I am going to try using the voice dialing with the convenience key to see it this jumpstarts the audio (thanks burcha). I have a hard case on my curve and it is a pain to remove when this happens so a quick fix would be really nice. Someday I will upgrade to 4.5.
    10-07-08 01:01 AM
    burcha thanks for the tip!!! Ive had this phone a week and this happened. I was just about to give up and pull the battery when I found this thread. Turned on/off voice dialing and everything is fine. For now......
    10-09-08 08:41 PM
    I've had this issue with any Verizon phone. It's a network issue. Both my parents have had it happen on their LGs and my previous Motorola L7c.
    10-09-08 09:03 PM
    Had the phone 3 days and happened to me today. BLAH!!!
    10-10-08 10:02 PM
    Had this happen to me after a month and a half usage, seem like whenever I got an audio message it did it to mine. I just pulled the battery to get it back to normal.
    10-12-08 01:21 AM
    I've had this issue with any Verizon phone. It's a network issue. Both my parents have had it happen on their LGs and my previous Motorola L7c.
    Yup, here's my post from another thread:

"Actually, this isn't just a problem with the BB. I also used to have a Treo 700P and I had the same issues (and frankly more often).

It rarely happens to me anymore as I have learned to do a battery pull every couple of days just to keep my baby in tip-top shape."

I am going to try the voice dialing trick next time.
    10-13-08 03:03 PM
    I had it happen on my pearl., and just like was mentioned, turning voicedial on and off fixed the problem. swithed to the 8330 curve and knock on wood...haven't had that problem yet.
    10-13-08 03:11 PM
    I have had the same issue update to os 4.5 it solved my issue have not had it happen since.
    10-13-08 03:14 PM
    I too am havin the same problem with the person on the other end not being able to hear me. I am not sure as to "when" this happens , except it has happened several times since i have been a crackberry user. Battery pulls are all i can do too.

How do I upgrade to the 4.5 and to get it both on my desktop manager and my cell?

thanks!
    10-13-08 04:46 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD