Okay, I have scoured where I could, and cannot find an answer anywhere. I am afraid the answer I am going to receive is "get on the phone with tech support and wait", but here goes.

My wife and I have blackberry curve 8330 devices. We set up the devices at the store, and successfully set up a VERIZON blackberry e-mail account ([email protected]). We both had an account and were receiving mail just fine. Recently however, we relocated to another state. We got almost all our phone numbers changed to the new area code in the store (we have 6 phones altogether in our home). I did not, as I was at work when they went. My wife said that the Verizon techs told her to have me *228/option 1 my phone to set it up. Which I did, and received my new number.

Now, our vzw.blackberry.net e-mails are gone. I don't even know if they have stopped working, they are just gone. When I log into the e-mail settings screen, it only shows the other accounts we have attached to push to our BB (gmail, hotmail, etc.). I can't get it to add our vzw.blackberry.net because it says that it cannot add this account because the user names are already in use. (GRRRRR!!!-I know, they're ours!) I have re-sent and re-sent service books, and received confirmations of only our existing accounts. I logged in on the BIS website on the internet through my desktop and resent service books as well; no dice. I only get service books for our other accounts. The Verizon BB e-mail address isn't even on there. I can't add the account because of the error with the user name.

Is there something I'm missing or am I at the mercy of tech support and days of pain and suffering; weeping and gnashing of teeth (yes, I know it's a little melodramatic). I love my blackberry and I can't stand this because it's just nerve-wracking that it won't work. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

P.S. I know it's hard to troubleshoot from one message. I see some people who ask for help and get pretty irate when asked if they have done this or that when they already have. I don't care. Ask away. If I have already performed a requested operation, I will try and answer civilly and decently. This is my first BB and I absolutely love it. I can't see how I got along without it

And if I have to get with Verizon, well, I'll just suck it up and change the e-mail address. I mean, it's not like anything important was going there. I just want to know what happened

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    10-19-09 10:28 PM
    Did you or your wife backup your devices? If so, try a restore.
    10-19-09 10:50 PM
    That doesn't make sense at all... I'm not saying that you're making it up or anything, it just doesn't make sense because your BIS addy, ergo your BIS account, is associated with your device PIN not your phone number, the number should be able to change without losing PIN specific info like your addy or BBM contacts, etc... More than likely, what has happened is that some knucklehead at VZW made a simple input error in your account, I'm presuming this is a family-share type of account, that was translated to all devices once they were hit with the reprogram, in your case *228 etc. The fastest solution will be for YOU to visit the store and explain when this happened and how, and demand that they fix it before you can spell "blackberry pancakes" because if they don't, that's what they'll be having for lunch/dinner, served by you! I wouldn't call tech, I would visit your local store... OR, supposing that you still have the salesperson's contact info who set your large account up, I'd give them a call and see if they can help you out by calling in a trouble ticket for you...

Good luck... And maybe go buy a mouth guard so you don't grind your teeth down due to the gnashing, plus, it might help stifle the wails...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 03:14 AM
    It sounds to me like it created a new BIS account with RIM instead of migrating your existing one over to your device. I'm pretty positive this is what happened, and here's the reason why.

When you moved and they got you new #'s in the new market you moved to. So instead of a simple number change, they made you (essentially) a new account in that new state's market with your existing information. So when they assigned your new #'s the system auto-provisioned you into RIM's system. It's not like changing your phone # locally where your existing account remains. They actually built you new ones and just gave the same status' (used your same acct/credit info, migrated features, etc to it)

Most likely you'll have to call their BB group and see if somehow they can merge/migrate/etc the newly created account and phone number into the existing one. Since that's where your original @VZW blackberry emails are still bound to. Visiting a store, as mentioned above, most likely wont be the solution as I don't believe anyone outside VZW's Tech Support group (ATS or whatever) will have access to the RIM client.
    Last edited by digitard; 10-20-09 at 07:14 AM.
    10-20-09 07:00 AM
    Jenaywins: short answer is-yes. Longer answer-I actually did that AND, just for grins and giggles, I reformatted my laptop, re-installed everything (including DM), and tried it again. No dice. Nada.

Uvaj06: I agree. I can see that happening. It's not a big deal, it's just ANNOYING!!

Digitard: wow. That's why I love Crackberry. (All of y'alls help is appreciated.) That makes perfect sense. So, do you recommend calling VZW support and going that route? I'm assuming by "their BB support group" you mean VZW?

Thanks again everyone for your help. I hope to learn as much as my mentors here on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 08:17 AM
    Call Tech Support, explain and then they will contact RIM. RIM has a way to release your original vzw.blackberry address. They will need to confirm a few things with you first, but it will be corrected. I had a similar problem when the new Tour phone came out.
    10-20-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD