I just recieved two curves in the mail to replace the two old phones my wife and I use. When setting up the 1st phone I played around with the enterprise server settings a bit thinking it'd be my phone. Unfortunately it turned out to be my wife's phone, she only uses yahoo! mail.

To complicate things, I tried to sync my Exchange contacts (via USB, via BB Desktop software included) to her phone so she would start out with a decent address book.

Anyways, the sync didn't fully work, and now her phone insists on using a password (I can't disable it!). It also keeps trying to do the Enterprise Activation on her phone.

Is there anyways to reset her phone to the shipped settings (soft / hard reset)? or completely disable any enterprise features (no password too!)?

I've tried running the setup wizard and that doesn't seem to work.

Also, while I'm at it, I figured I'd ask..... If my company has a blackberry server and all of our blackberrys use Sprint, is it possibly to get my new Verizon curve to sync to out BB server?

Thanks for any and all help.
    05-07-08 03:43 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Wiping the device is simple enough.

Options / Security Options / General Settings ....

Use the menu button to pop up "Wipe Handheld".

That will purge all data from the device.

Now about the BES ...

Your IT department is responsible for managing the mail servers and BES. It is not uncommon for them to disable a lot of features and functions if it does not fill their security/business concerns. Forcing a password, disabling the Camera and Browser are common.

They do this by creating a policy file. The moment you connect to BES, you ingest the file.

Deleting a policy file is possible, but I would suggest working with your IT guys to straighten it out. Last thing you want is them panicking over activity in their BES logs.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-07-08 at 03:56 PM.
    05-07-08 03:48 PM
    Thanks Stoner, while I was a bit hesitant I'd brick my new phone, the link to removing the IT policy was well written and worked just fine.
    05-08-08 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD