Sisters 8330 turns on and screen lights up fine, but none of the keys work. Including the ball and side keys.

Any idea on how to fix? Tried restoring on Desktop Manager but got some sort of error..

Any help appreciated.
    08-08-10 11:36 AM
    Sounds like moisture damage.
    08-08-10 11:42 AM
    Sounds like moisture damage.
    She answered a phone call, got off, went to reply to a message, and it didn't work.
    08-08-10 11:44 AM
    Wet hands, wet hair, sweaty pocket, steamy bathroom, heavy dew, high humidity environment??

Anything like that? Even a little TINY bit?
    08-08-10 11:56 AM
    Wet hands, wet hair, sweaty pocket, steamy bathroom, heavy dew, high humidity environment??

Anything like that? Even a little TINY bit?
    Not sure.. she was at a party at her college so probably haha.

Will probably just take it apart and see if anything looks outta the ordinary.
    08-08-10 11:59 AM
    I went to the beack, and when I got back the same thing happend to mine. I had to take it to sprint and they got me a replacement under warrenty the next day. Probably what youll have to do. That is, if its under warrenty, and here comes my sprint fanboy statement, and if verizon will do it for you. I used to have them and it was a B**** when I had to have my old curve through them replaced UNDER WARRENTY!!!
    08-08-10 12:13 PM
    "She was at a party .... ". Yep, typically situation for moisture damage. It does not take much on the Curve 83xx series.

Take the battery out.
    Put it in a sealed container of uncooked rice for 3 or 4 days minimum.

Search for some threads titled "My BlackBerry Got Wet" for other tips.

But the damage may already have been done.
    08-08-10 12:33 PM
    I went to the beack, and when I got back the same thing happend to mine. I had to take it to sprint and they got me a replacement under warrenty the next day. Probably what youll have to do. That is, if its under warrenty, and here comes my sprint fanboy statement, and if verizon will do it for you. I used to have them and it was a B**** when I had to have my old curve through them replaced UNDER WARRENTY!!!
    No warranty, and she now has the Droid Eris. I am just trying to fix it to see if I can get more on eBay for it rather than selling it as a parts phone.
    08-08-10 12:33 PM
    No warranty, and she now has the Droid Eris. I am just trying to fix it to see if I can get more on eBay for it rather than selling it as a parts phone.
    I mis read then. I thought she was still using it I figure since it hasnt been just a few hours or so after it happened the damage is done. On mine it started doing this a few days after I got home from the beach so i figure the salt spray got in it, and while the water didnt do the damage, but when it dried out, the salt was what got to it.
    08-08-10 12:50 PM
    Wiped it with JL Cmder and re-installed OS 4.5 with Desktop Manager and it works fine now..

Thanks for the suggestions though.
    08-08-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD