I have a Verizon Curve and a Jabra BT8040. I had a Treo 700p before this. I work in a hospital and cannot always put my hand up to depress the button. The Treo did auto-answer after 2 rings (adjustable). I see no way to do auto-answer with the BB. I did see the auto-answer option in Phone options and set to out of holster but it doesnt work and the Jabra will not automatically take the call unless I press it or the green button on BB? Any ideas how to make the Jabra auto-answer? I would really like to have the phone auto-answer on Bluetooth and not when in phone mode like the Treo.

Thanks in advance
    05-21-08 03:41 PM
    I don't think this is an option with the 8330. I have not run across it or read anything about it since I've started using mine. Sorry!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-21-08 03:50 PM
    I like this phone...but without the auto connect feature its useless to me. I can't touch the button to answer the phone in the profession I'm in. Guess I'll return this...glad i had 30 days to do it.
    07-01-09 10:11 PM
    Auto Answer out of holster works, just not the way you expect it to. If the BlackBerry is IN the holster, and it rings, and you take it OUT of the holster, it will auto answer. If the phone is OUT of the holster when it rings, it won't auto answer. It's the act of taking it out that triggers the answer. That's a useless feature in my opinion, because if you take the phone out to see who's calling, it answers whether you want it to or not, and it's not hands-free either.
    07-02-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD