First time poster. Just a VZW BB 8330 yesterday and am loving it!

I understand that the GPS is crippled and has not been unlocked for the 8330 model.

My previous phone was an HTC xv6800 windows mobile phone for Verizon.

I kept up regularly with rom updates, tweaks, etc. some of the members at the forum xda-developers.com came up with a fix for the simarly crippled GPS in the xv6800 (and other windows mobile devices). I applied this fix and it worked within feet of my location, vs the 1500 meters i got previously.

I know the bb device is TOTTALLY different as im still getting used to it, but i was wondering if some more experienced BB users could chime in and let me know if this is a possibility....

here is the wiki that describes the unlock: insert http:// >>>(im a first time poster) wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=VerizonAGPSFix

basically you go to the device tools using software verizon uses and enter the gps settings.

Im 99% sure these settings will ONLY work for verizon (but then again every other BB curve has a fully functional gps....).

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm just trying to contribute ! thanks...
    12-04-08 10:35 PM
    Do a search for this, verizon unlocked the GPS for their curves today. You may have to update your OS to 4.5
    Last edited by SirDes; 12-04-08 at 10:47 PM.
    12-04-08 10:42 PM
    i have upgraded my os to the latest 4.5 i could find and the gps is still locked on my verizon curve... has anyone else had this issue? or resolved this issue?
    02-20-09 01:08 PM
    The internal GPS works fine with Blackberry Maps which came with your Curve.

i have upgraded my os to the latest 4.5 i could find and the gps is still locked on my verizon curve... has anyone else had this issue? or resolved this issue?
    02-20-09 01:12 PM
    The internal GPS works fine with Blackberry Maps which came with your Curve.
    What about google maps?
    02-20-09 01:20 PM
    Read this thread for a technical explanation of why the GPS doesn't work for third party apps on the Curve, and Pearl:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/unl...-2-0-a-164709/
    02-20-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD