Hi,

I'm a telus user and I'm going on vacation for a few days. I was wondering if there was any way I could disable incoming calls or just switch off the whole calls feature of my phone as I only want to use data.

I am engaged to a 8330, we're getting maried in a couple of days

Also, if I'm out of my calling zone but still in the same province, do I get any ''long distance'' fees for data (I'm on an unlimited data plan). what about sms ?

....staying connected with work while on vacation really suck...badly lol... thanks for your advice in advance ! May the blackberry gods bless this community.
    08-13-08 02:03 PM
    You should be able to just set the phone to fwd all calls to voice mail. Go to your phone Icon, then options>call fwding> fwd all calls and then select the number that is the same as all of your other fwding for unanswered calls. Hope this helps, maybe someone else has an idea.
    08-13-08 03:14 PM
    If call-forward is not an option for you, you can change the profile to "Quiet" to silence the phone. Or simply not answer it, and it will go to your voicemail. I can't help you with details about your plan / billing.
    08-13-08 05:23 PM
    Doesn't changing the "do not disturb" option in any profile automatically punt calls to voice mail?
    08-13-08 05:26 PM
    I'd go with abe's suggestion if you want to see who's attempting to call you...if not, fwd all of your calls to your voicemail...the "do not disturb" optionn will send the call to voicemail without notifying the user of the number calling where as the "fwd all calls" option will just send the calls to voicemail with no display of "missed calls"...hope that helps
    08-13-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD