I'm a BB newbie & I downloaded version 4.5 on my 8330 and the main feature I was looking for was HTML email. I downloaded it last night & got my first HTML email this morning & its still in plain text. How do I get my email in HTML on my BB Curve 8330 from Verizon??? Thank you so much for your help!!
    11-07-08 08:58 AM
    go to ur email set up and resend ur service books. After that, it should work fine however, keep in mind that images will pop up as blanks until u manually "get images" from the left bb tab's options even if ur settings are set to always download images
    11-07-08 09:10 AM
    Maybe I look stupid by asking this, but how do I resend my service books?
    11-07-08 10:16 AM
    Email setup > service books > send service books. Only new emails will show as HTML. To images: menu > get images. Externally linked images must always be manually downloaded for security reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 10:47 AM
    Also, open your e-mail and hit menu>options>e-mail settings and set Enable HTML Email to yes and download images automatically...
    11-07-08 10:54 AM
    Just a quick note, if the user is on BES that is not at SP6 or on BPS there will be no HTML email either.
    11-07-08 11:10 AM
    Also, make sure you have your browser set up properly:
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 11:21 AM
    Thanks guys...I did everything everyone said...we'll see when I get my next email in HTML
    11-07-08 03:43 PM
    All that helped. Many Thanks !
    11-07-08 06:32 PM
    Thanks guys...I did everything everyone said...we'll see when I get my next email in HTML
    Send yourself a test email.
    11-07-08 06:37 PM
    Works after I re-send the service books after installing the official Verizon 4.5 software on my Pearl 8130. Additionally follow the instructions in the above posts for the browser configuration, messages configuration, and you may also have to tell each HTML message to download images as it's a security issue.

Good luck.

PS - No issue with my browser uninstalling, all messages are intact, etc.
    11-13-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD