So I setup orb and usirius and can stream it to my BB browser now but it skips quite a bit and cuts in and out...I haven't seen many complaints for this so I'm wondering what's wrong. I even set the stream speed down to as low as 100kbps and it still skips quite a bit. I'm in 1XEV and have 4/5 bars. When I bluetooth tether I'm able to get about 300kbps so I have no idea why it would be having so much trouble with this...any ideas?

Thanks,
    Caleb
    01-28-09 11:59 AM
    It might be the connection on your PC's end. I set the upstream on my computer at 720kbps because in all likelihood I'll never be receiving anything that fast. When you just let that end fly high, sometimes your home PC is trying to stream out at (in my case) ~1750kbps and it cuts out when the connection slows down. Go to the MORE tab in the settings menu from your phone--it's an option there. See if that helps.
    01-28-09 12:15 PM
    It might be the connection on your PC's end. I set the upstream on my computer at 720kbps because in all likelihood I'll never be receiving anything that fast. When you just let that end fly high, sometimes your home PC is trying to stream out at (in my case) ~1750kbps and it cuts out when the connection slows down. Go to the MORE tab in the settings menu from your phone--it's an option there. See if that helps.
    So yours doesn't skip? I tried playing with speeds on both high and low ends, and I experience an occasional(every 5-40 seconds) blip while listening. It is pretty annoying.
    02-23-09 11:47 AM
    No, I never had a problem with audio skipping at any speed (I used uXM, but it's essentially the same setup). I had video skip around a lot until I slowed down the upstream speed.
    02-23-09 12:01 PM
    No, I never had a problem with audio skipping at any speed (I used uXM, but it's essentially the same setup). I had video skip around a lot until I slowed down the upstream speed.
    Hmm...what speed is your upstream, and what speed is your recieve? I can't get rid of the little blips, are you sure you don't have them? They are quiet, quick, and practically unnoticeable.
    02-23-09 07:06 PM
    While you guys are talking about this, ill join in with a similar problem. I dont use sirius, but the video and audio streamed from my PC skips a lot.

Heres a speedtest result from my house, im going to try what you said about lowering the upstream speed.

I dont know if that matters, but any help is appreciated.
    02-23-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD