Hello all. I have a Verizon 8330 and was wondering if I am able and how to use my BB for a tethered modem to link with my laptop. Is this done through bluetooth or another way or am I just dreaming. Thanks to all!!!
    07-10-09 09:39 PM
    You can do it, but you have to get the tethering service added to your plan. $15/mo through verizon. Just hook it up via usb cable and download the vzw tethering software.

Or you can download berry tethering. Its a $50 one time fee but no recurring monthly as you're 'hacking' the tether service. Beware if vzw finds out though, you could be subject to some hefty fees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:11 PM
    You can do it, but you have to get the tethering service added to your plan. $15/mo through verizon. Just hook it up via usb cable and download the vzw tethering software.

Or you can download berry tethering. Its a $50 one time fee but no recurring monthly as you're 'hacking' the tether service. Beware if vzw finds out though, you could be subject to some hefty fees.

Unless the OP is on the BIS plan then tethering is $30. Calbe is beter way to go, B/T is way slow and burns your battery faster
    07-10-09 10:13 PM
    That tethering option is not good, just use cable its 30 some odd dollars a month. I've tried it for the 30 days, I used all my 5gb in 4 days. If it was unlimited then I would get it again.

07-10-09 10:37 PM
    Unless the OP is on the BIS plan then tethering is $30. Calbe is beter way to go, B/T is way slow and burns your battery faster
    It does burn your battery fast!

07-10-09 10:38 PM
    I use it from Alltel, and where I live in the boonies, its cheaper.Plus I drive bus,so its really handier to be able to just carry the phone and leave the laptop home.
    07-11-09 07:04 AM
    I use the tethering feature, on my curve, and it is very slow, five gigs of download is a joke, I bought a game online, and it was 4.3 gigs, I had to break the download up over the course of two months. Not to mention it takes about two hours to download a gig. I'm switching to dsl through the telephone line.
    07-15-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD