Do any of you ever take your curve overseas for any long periods of time? The reason I ask is, well, I'll be in South Korea for an entire year starting next June and I'm up for my new every 2 right now. The Verizon curve doesn't have wifi, but I can get it for free with the new every 2.

I'm kind of due to upgrade soon because my poor pearl has taken a beating (read: dog chewed on it) and it's seen better days. I'd also like to go fully QWERTY.

I don't want to get to Korea and end up paying crazy fees for data though once over there. I'll be mostly using it just for emails and texts, but I'm wondering if I should go for the free curve or swap over to AT&T and get the Bold? What would you do in my situation? The WiFI would be extremely helpful overseas as well.

Thanks
    11-24-08 03:18 AM
    If you are gonna be there for a year, I would get a local BB while you are there. The only Verizon BBs that are a World Edition is the 8830WE, and the Storm. Might be time to get a Storm or a 8830. I can see data fees being crazy with that kind of roaming.

HOOAH!!
    11-24-08 08:09 AM
    I am nooot getting a storm and the 8830 doesn't appeal to me. With a AT&T bold I could at least get a local sim card and/or the unlimited international data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD