I bought the T-Mobile 8320 almost exclusively because of the UMA service, since my office has non-existent cell phone reception (from any carrier).

The UMA feature works great, I just have one complaint. The UMA connection is only good for an hour or so. I have to power cycle the BB to get it back. Annoying to do this 5 or 6 times a day.

There isn't some secret "connect and STAY connected" setting that I missed?
    10-01-08 03:36 PM
    Hmmm. Do you know what kind of wireless access points you guys are using in your office?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 04:11 PM
    Standard Linksys G access point.

I actually do better with the N router and access point I have at home. (why do I have both? because my house is big and Linksys is lying their asses off about the range of N equipment. But, I digress)

I have noted that the BB is not good at switching from AP to AP as I move around the plant. It hangs on to the connection it has like grim death until it loses the signal and then reconnects to the closer one. Since the closest one to my office is 15 feet away and, when first connected, I always get a excellent signal to it, I first thought that it was connected to another AP (from a jaunt to the shop floor). But I started paying attention and that is not it. It starts with excellent signal and, if I never leave the office, will still drop after an hour and have to be restarted.
    10-01-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD