In the Profiles, under the Normal Profile, I've set the tone in Phone to the Bach tune that comes on the phone. The tune is fairly long compared to any of the ringtones which are only a couple seconds long. However, when the phone rings, the Bach tune plays for about 2-3 seconds, stops for a moment, then restarts again.

Is there a way to have a tune used for a ringtone not stop and restart like that?
    04-09-09 08:38 AM
    Does it play the complete tune then start over? The only Bach one I see on my phone (FugueDMinor) is only 6 seconds long, so depending on how many times your phone rings, I would assume it would have to loop like that, but I really am not sure. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    04-09-09 09:22 AM
    Well, I feel kinda stoopid. Yes, that Bach tune is the one I was using, and yes it is 6 seconds long. When my phone rings, it does indeed play the whole tune, then repeats. For some silly reason, I remembered (incorrectly) that the tune was longer than that.

Oh well. Proof positive that the stuff between my ears is oatmeal, and not brain matter.
    04-09-09 10:07 AM
    Try using a program like Audacity to loop the song to your desired length. Audacity is a free audio utility and I've used it to loop my favorite ring tone 6 times to get the length I wanted. I've also made custom ringtones and notify tones.
    04-09-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD