Hi,
    I am a new convert.. I have been using SonyEricsson for over 10 years now, and the last one was the P1. I had a data service with my local service provider here in the UAE, and got my pop3 e-mail scheduled to download 3 times a day on the SonyEricsson.

Now I have converted to Blackberry, and I am glad that I did. But, I am unable to see any application on the blackerry to enable me to download my e-mail. when contacted my service provider, they said I must subscribe to a BlackBerry service to be able to download my pop3 e-mail, or any mail whatsoever.

I am able to get to the internet via my blackberry, and check hotmail accounts, but there is no application to enable me to schedule a download like I did with Sonyericsson.

Is this a limitation of Blackberry, or can I install an application on my device to enable me to do what I did with sonyericsson, so as to avoid the crazy charges that my service provider is suggesting to subscribe to this blackberry service??

Thanks
    02-03-08 09:12 AM
    With the blackberry you need a blackberry data plan for email. There is no other way. If you can get to the web using your standard gprs plan then you'll have to just access email via the web. if you use Gmail, there is a gmail app that will handle gmail but it doesn't automatically get pushed to the device.

Basically, you need the Blackberry service.
    02-03-08 09:19 AM
    Many thanks for the reply. I guess I have to really think if I need my e-mail on my mobile that badly with the prices these guys are charging.
    02-03-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD