Any way to use my curve as a modem/bridge to the internet for my lappy?

I do have the device manager and desktop installed and working...if it matters?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 07:33 AM
    short answer to your question is yes you can. but there are a couple of issues, and since you are on TMobile, I cannot tell you with certainty.

1. The carriers chare an extra 20 buck or so for "tethering" the ability to connect your cellphone to your pc and use it as a modem.
    2. there are plenty of guides on how to connect the phone as modem (PAM) a quick search should reveal instructions, bluetooth was easy, I just had to create a dial up connection to a special number using the bluetooth modem. Sprint makes the usb method even easier, they have a connection manager to download and use.

I have the sprint Simply Everything plan which has unlimited data, but I was told by cust svc, people in sprint stores and actually many posts here on crackberry that I would have to pay for the PAM capability, but either they forgot it on mine, or the SE plan doesnt block it because I tried it yesterday and it worked great.

do a quick search there are plenty of good tutorials here, but I cant telll you if tmobile blocks it or not.
    good luck.
    06-08-08 08:10 AM
    Very cool! Thanks for the detailed help. I figured there was some acronym that would speed my searching. Even cooler is sitting here posting and replying while sitting on the deck drinking coffee, looking at the lake while the family sleeps...all from my Curve!! God it IS like crack!!

06-08-08 08:21 AM
    No friggin way!!! Found the post by kcladygemini with detailed, exact instructions for setting it up. I am online via the phone right now!!

Thanks again!
    06-08-08 09:02 AM
    So thethering works now wit the SEP? I tried some months ago didn't workN so I called Sprint cust svc and was advised it will be available in june. I will try it when I get home tonite

06-08-08 01:03 PM
    if you have a sCurve 8330, goto the sprint Basics Guide that came with the phone. page 47 tells you to goto Sprint PCS Software: Sprint PCS Connection Manager Software from Sprint and download the "New Sprint Connection Manager" it is right there on that page, dont use the "choose operating system" dropdown box.
    06-08-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD