Is there a way to go right to the music folder without going thru Media manager, trying to reduce steps.
    And how do you all close your program. If you go through the BB menu when done listing you need to close 4 things now playing, album tree, artist and media manager, doesn't this seem excessive?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:00 PM
    I just access it like a USB?
    I connect it with Media Manager and then I close it, then I just access the Blackberry like an external USB
    02-22-09 01:11 PM
    as93, sorry for your pain, but I don't think there is much you can do about this. You can set-up one of your side convenience keys to access the Media Player though, that would save one step of opening up the application. To set your side convenience keys, go to Options > Screen/Keyboard, then set the right or Left side convenience keys to Media Player.

Hope this helps a little.
    02-22-09 01:51 PM
    Thanks that what I currently have set the lft key straight to media manager then music then.... Still haven't figure if can go right to music list.

02-23-09 09:52 AM
    Unfortunately there's no file browser like Windows Explorer where you can go to a music file, click on it and have your music player fire up.
    02-23-09 10:07 AM
    from home screen
    berry key
    berry key
    now playing
    play
    02-23-09 10:07 AM
    from home screen
    berry key
    berry key
    now playing
    play
    On my phone there is no Now Playing option after the 2nd Menu key (Berry key) press from Home screen.
    02-23-09 12:35 PM
    Start media player and play some thing. Now stop the music and use back key to back out to home screen and try again. See if that works

02-23-09 12:39 PM
    Start media player and play some thing. Now stop the music and use back key to back out to home screen and try again. See if that works

OK that worked, but had to use Pause not Stop. Stop closes out the Media Player.

I originally thought the disadvantage to this is the Media Player has to be running in in the background in device memory for it to work. However, I just did a very unscientific test where I checked my File Free without any apps. running in the background and got a File Free of 44750740. Then I loaded Media Player, played a song then paused it. Backed out to the Home Screen, then checked that the Media Player was still in device memory using Alt-Back key. Checked my File Free and it was 4475078!

How is it possible that running the Media Player app. in device memory consumes less memory than having it completely closed out? I repeated my test and got the same File Free numbers.
    02-23-09 12:55 PM
    Glad that work don't forget that if paused u can use the mute key on top to resume play back at any time. Well unless in a call

02-23-09 12:57 PM
    And how do you all close your program. If you go through the BB menu when done listing you need to close 4 things now playing, album tree, artist and media manager, doesn't this seem excessive?
    From my experiment above, it seems that if you press Stop in Media Player, you can just press the Back key till you get to the Home Screen. Media Player will not be running in memory unlike some applications that continue to run in device memory unless you properly close/exit using the Menu key and choosing Close/Exit.
    02-23-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD