Im thinking of buying a used curve on the Verizon network, however I do not want the data plan. I'm thinking that if i do get it and since im not getting the new one, i dont have to get the data plan right?
    07-13-09 07:00 PM
    BB and Verizon= data plan!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:06 PM
    As far as I know you have to have a data plan for blackberry use with Verizon.
    07-13-09 07:08 PM
    Yep. You will need to look at another carrier if you want a BlackBerry without having a Data Plan.
    07-13-09 07:56 PM
    Can't have a BB on Verizon without a data plan.
    07-13-09 07:59 PM
    Why have a BB with no data plan? Why? Just get a non-smartphone! I'm not bashing just using common sense!

07-13-09 08:17 PM
    Why have a BB with no data plan? Why? Just get a non-smartphone! I'm not bashing just using common sense!

With verizon your forced to have a data plan but with other networks you can use a blackberry without a data plan. The calender, tasks, memo, voicenotes....none of which use data. Plus the full keyboard for those that text alot. Its not pointless to have a blackberry without a data plan, though you can use it to more of its capacatiy with one.
    07-13-09 08:37 PM
    Well non-smart phones also have all of that, Blackberries are for use with data anyways. There are non-smart phones out for txtin also. I just see it a waste of money and abuse to have a BB without data plan. All other phones can do what you asked, they may not have a full QWERTY keyboard but yeah.

07-13-09 08:44 PM
    a lot of people have blackberries without a data plan. the blackberry has its own unique look to it. you do not see a "non-smart text messaging" phone that looks like a blackberry and with many people they like the look of the blackberry. also with many functions the blackberry has to offer as well including a calendar which puts everything organized which other non-smart phones don't offer the same thing. i was gonna buy the 8320 unlocked and pay the full amount on it just because i loved the look of the blackberry as well i needed a really good calendar to keep my schedule and appointments in place. if you can afford it then i would say go for it. its not a waste of money if you think you need it for its features or you like the device. you do not need to have a data plan to become a crackberry addict.
    07-14-09 05:49 AM
    You just can't do it on Verizon or Sprint.
    07-14-09 06:05 AM
    yea you cant activate the phone unless you have the data plan even on a high ladder through verizon there computers wont let them
    07-14-09 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD