So i was at the ocean yesterday and was about to take a couple pics with my BB curve and it slipped out of my hands bounced off the rocks several times and landed in a tide pool. I managed to grab it as out of the water quickly and let it dry overnight and this morning it was able to startup, with a few glitches.

I plug the USB connection into my pc and I see the charging symbol appear for a moment and then disappear. I'm not sure if it can be fixed or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I can't read my media card either, but trying to fix one thing at a time.
    01-13-08 10:47 AM
    Do you carry insurance on your BB?
    01-13-08 10:50 AM
    Oh yeah thats one thing I forgot. No I didnt gett insurance when I signed up. I thought I could add it on at a later time but the sales rep didnt explain that I only had 14 days to get insurance on it.
    01-13-08 11:05 AM
    Give it another day to dry out completely. If you do use a blow dryer, use the coolest setting. If the same thing happens you may have to take it to a corporate store and have them look at it and/or try to fix it (for a fee of course)
    01-13-08 11:12 AM
    Well, I don't think I have good news for you.

I think your device is broken and you will have to get a new one plus media card.

Water damage is something that can't be fixed by general troubleshooting only by replacement

Just my thoughts...
    01-13-08 11:12 AM
    Good news is my media card is working now!!

Still no charging though, I'm going to let it dry out some more and see if that helps any.
    01-13-08 11:21 AM
    Anytime a device is dropped into water never turn it on until completely dried out. You can bake electronics in an oven at a low heat (not to exceed the manufacture max storage temp). As for saltwater I am afraid your screwed. Saltwater is far too corrosive and what is working now may not later.
    01-13-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD