I have been trying to restore nuked blackberry 8310 using the 101 process. Every time I hook up to usb ports the device connects when the hourglass is on and disconnects when the red light comes on. While I am trying to download os I get the response cannot connect to device during multi stage download operations. Is there any fix for this problem. I have tried wipe with jl comnder , many times, does not work. Have tried to fix with desktop, probably 25 times, but just keep running into brick wall...This problem is on my desktop vostro 200 dell with windows xp. Have 4 ports in front of computer and 4 ports in rear of computer, get same results with every port.
    Last edited by Jim41146; 08-05-09 at 02:17 PM.
    08-05-09 12:40 PM
    That error is usually relatrd to the v oltage detected at the usb port of the computer. If you are using a laptop, try plugging the laptop into a charger, or use a desktop instead.

If you are using a desktop, try different usb ports, especially in the back of the computer. Do not connect through any usb hubs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:54 PM
    Do you have a sim card in the phone?

08-05-09 02:39 PM
    my blackberry wont turn on !!

yesterday i was trying to update my apps. and then it said deleting all apps so i unplugged it from the USB and my phone wont turn on and its just a flashing red light ! idk what to do ?!
    08-05-09 02:39 PM
    Do you have a sim card in the phone?

No I haven't had sim card in fone, would that cause it not to hook up?
    08-05-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD