I know there are a few threads out there similar, but I couldn't find anyone else with this problem. My USB port broke (it's physically gone) so I bought a charging dock. It charges the phone, but I have to put something heavy at an angle on the top of the phone (while it's in the dock) in order for it to charge. I assume this helps to make better contact with the connectors. Anyone else have this problem? It would be nice to not have to rig this up everytime as it is kind of a pain. Thanks
    07-06-10 01:16 PM
    I have not heard of that. You might want to start looking for a replacement soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 01:25 PM
    I have been eligible for an upgrade for almost a year, but I do not like any of the vzw phones that my IT department says are secure enough to use. (basically vzw's current BB offerings)
    07-06-10 01:45 PM
    Check the 2 gold connectors in the back of your charging pod. They should be like spring loaded and pop back when you press them down. I can toss my bb in the pod very casually and it will connect and charge almost every time.
    07-06-10 02:22 PM
    The BB 9650 is the same as far as security as the curve.
    07-06-10 02:24 PM
    A couple of ideas:
    1. Clean the phone contacts with a pencil eraser.
    2. experiment with a cardboard shim in the base of the charger. I have to shim two of my cordless landline phones like this to improve the contact.
    07-06-10 02:33 PM
    The BB 9650 is the same as far as security as the curve.
    I know its secure, but I don't really like that device.
    07-06-10 02:48 PM
    A couple of ideas:
    1. Clean the phone contacts with a pencil eraser.
    2. experiment with a cardboard shim in the base of the charger. I have to shim two of my cordless landline phones like this to improve the contact.
    Thanks for the tips. I will try. As far as #2, is the purpose to keep the device "up" a littl ein the cradle? Because my problem seems like its not getting far enough "down" into the cradle.

* some how is messing with it (trying to "shim" it) i discovered if I put the device in the cradle at an angle first and then let it fall into place, it works. Wierd, but firgured I'd add it here in case anyone ever expereices the same thing.
    Last edited by vinndy; 07-06-10 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Update
    07-06-10 02:49 PM
    I know its secure, but I don't really like that device.
    What do you not like about it? Don't think I could go back to a trackball now - plus all the extra memory.

07-06-10 03:10 PM
    What do you not like about it? Don't think I could go back to a trackball now - plus all the extra memory.

I don't like the trackball and I would like the trackpad better. I am sure I would like the bold, but I woud like a BB with a real touchscreen, not surepress
    Last edited by vinndy; 07-07-10 at 11:41 AM.
    07-06-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD