Help! For whatever reason I can't seem to figure out yet, my Curve 8300 won't sync with my Desktop Manager. I have been using my Curve for almost a year now without problem. I plugged it in to sync today and I get the "USB Device Not Recognized" window popup and DM does not recognize my device to sync.

I have installed, uninstalled DM 4.2.2 and 4.3 to no avail. I keep getting that stupid message. I am ready to SCREAM!!

Please point me in the right direction. I have tried just about everything I could find on the net regarding this. Even wiped my Curve, pulled battery, etc...
    06-23-08 12:23 AM
    Have you closed DM and restarted PC? That would be my last guess. Unless something is wrong with your BB USB port.
    06-23-08 12:33 AM
    Find, download and install the "Blackberry USB and modem drivers" (single download available on blackberry.com)
    06-23-08 07:12 AM
    Remove that DM...d/l and install 4.5. Try that first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 08:32 AM
    To re-install the Blackberry Device drivers:

In XP (similar method in vista), - Connect the phone. Right click on the my computer icon on your desktop. Go to "Properties". Click on the "Hardware Tab" and open the "Device Manager".

Scroll all the way down to the USB device listing. Find the one with the yellow ! next to it (should be called Blackberry Smart Phone or something similar). Select it and hit delete. Say yes to the prompts. Don't worry, you are removing the USB driver for the phone, not the BB Desktop manager or any other software.

Disconnect and re-connect your phone. It will re-install the corrupted device drivers (they are actually on the phone, and will install themselves when XP/Vista notices your phone is attached.)

I had to do this to get every version of BB DM working on my Vista and XP machines and suspect I will have to again when I do the 4.5 update.
    06-23-08 10:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I think Berryman has the solution.

If you check in Windows Control Panel, you will likely see an error flag in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controller.

06-23-08 10:24 AM
    Find, download and install the "Blackberry USB and modem drivers" (single download available on blackberry.com)
    Thanks Berryman, however, I don't see a separate "single" download for the usb and/or modem drivers. Just the variety of DM. I have tried them all, including the new 4.5. I have since given up on those and have DM 4.2.2 which is the service pack 2 version.

I am open to more suggestions though and would like to get my hands on this driver.
    06-23-08 11:16 AM
    To re-install the Blackberry Device drivers:

In XP (similar method in vista), - Connect the phone. Right click on the my computer icon on your desktop. Go to "Properties". Click on the "Hardware Tab" and open the "Device Manager".

Scroll all the way down to the USB device listing. Find the one with the yellow ! next to it (should be called Blackberry Smart Phone or something similar). Select it and hit delete. Say yes to the prompts. Don't worry, you are removing the USB driver for the phone, not the BB Desktop manager or any other software.

Disconnect and re-connect your phone. It will re-install the corrupted device drivers (they are actually on the phone, and will install themselves when XP/Vista notices your phone is attached.)

I had to do this to get every version of BB DM working on my Vista and XP machines and suspect I will have to again when I do the 4.5 update.
    I have checked out the Device Manager area and looked at the USB Controllers and there is NOT one for the curve 8300. There are no excalamation points.
    06-23-08 11:25 AM
    USB and Modem drivers are in most download selections. They are also part of the setup CD.

You could try a different carriers selection.

I presume you have tried Detect and manual connection. Is USB not listed or does it fail to connect?
    06-23-08 12:28 PM
    OK, I have solved the problem! Let me share this with all of us Crackberry users so in the future you know what to do.

I bypassed my USB cord connection altogether. I have a Bluetooth USB thing that I plugged into my USB port on my desktop which thereby made it a Bluetooth device. I then went through the process of making it (my desktop) visible and then pairing the desktop and my Curve 8300.

VOILA! They now sync toghether in perfect harmony without that lame USB cord. I wanted to do this all along, I guess it just took the problem of the USB cord to get me to go the Bluetooth sync route.

I can tell all of you doubters that Bluetooth Sync is easy. I had zero problems setting it up and zero problems syncing my calendar, contacts, memos, etc.

You can pickup one of the bluetooth adapter USB things on Ebay. I think I paid like $3-$4 plus shipping.

Anyhow, one other thing, I also us a bluetooth headset at times and there was no conflict issues at all.

I hope this helps someone to stop pulling out their hair!! )))

JoeWebHog
    06-23-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD